Wednesday 7 April 2010

Cordless Dremel - cordless, lithium-ion


I bought this as a backup, as i always run out of battery while using my Dremel. For some reason the battery does not last for even 30 minutes on continuous use.



Update : as of May/2010 the battery wouldn't accept charge when i put it in the charger ( i guess it's dead ). I'm sending the unit back to Dremel for repair.



Update : June/2010 Dremel sent me a replacement battery, as the old one was defective. Dremel 855-02 10.8 Volt Battery Pack

Dremel tools are great, but this is the 2nd battery I have had to replace and was disappointed to learn that the Home Depot where I bought the tool does not carry the batteries. All in all, I would look for a different tool before buying another one.



The sale through Amazon was seamless and I was delighted to find the battery source on line. That does not reduce my displeasure with Dremel though. The first time I had to actually buy a whole new Dremel tool.

I needed to replace a pack numbered 855-01 (10.8 volt) which I could not find anywhere. Apparently they have been discontinued by Dremel.



Nothing I could find indicated that the 855-02 pack was usable with my tool and charger.



I purchased this one and was pleased to find that it fits and works perfectly in both the tool and charger.



My Dremel is model 855 which is no longer available. Dremel now calls it model 856, which uses the 855-02 pack.

If you really use your cordless Dremel a lot I'm sure you've felt the frustration of running out of battery power on a project. Having this spare backup battery had made me far more productive and I no longer have to stop for as few hours to charge my only battery.

Pros: Shipped quuckly. As described.



Cons: High Price.... While this was a good price on this battery. I just feel that these batteries are way overpriced by Dremel. And these batteries tend to completely die earlier than they should.

This LIon battery seems to be working so far...it's hard to tell while still new.

Only in the long run can you really determine how well it will work. So far, the few jobs I've used it for have not required recharging yet....thus...so far so good.

Wanted another so when cutting wood in the woods so i would have enough power and not need to stop and charge but these just seem to go on and on and found that i didn't need the extra after all but it's still good to have just in case.1 hour charge and your good to go for a looong time and they hold their charge for a long time also.I had no probs at all with with the seller and recieved my product in a verey timely manner with no problems.

These OEM batteries for this Dremel are great! They have awesome power, runtime, and in between uses they hold their charge very well! If there are aftermarket batteries that fit this Dremel, DON'T GET IT!!! The OEM battery is way to worth the money to get something where you don't know how well they work. Two thumbs, and two big toes up! - Battery Pack - Battery Packs - Cordless - Lithium-ion'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Dremel - cordless, lithium-ion lithium-ion Cordless Dremel - cordless, lithium-ion