Wednesday 7 April 2010

Business Model Innovation - innovation, business model innovation


I am a big fan of Brand New. Contrary to most people's belief (and you would think it is common sense) that innovation just happens.... that you can't really make a process of inventing, of improving, of innovating. But you can.



Brand New, is a fun, easy read that has walked me through the steps of innovating my services (my company is offers a mix of online services. The book includes the most ignored, yet most important parts of innovation:



1. First, identify if innovation is necessary in the first place... and if it is, where it is needed most.

2. Once and innovation is identified and executed... how to communicate it to customers in the way they want to hear it.

3. What NOT to do with innovation, and learn the successes and failures of companies that have gone about this process.



A very good (and easy) read. I think it applies to more then just marketing teams, but really is a read for business leaders. Five star read! Brand New: Solving the Innovation Paradox -- How Great Brands Invent and Launch New Products, Services, and Business Models

I loved this book! My business is product innovation and manufacturing. This book "Brand New" by Maddock Douglas will enable me to better create process for my customers. Creating ideas is one thing, but getting them to market and profitably is another. As promised, this book has outlined a "disciplined, replicable process that employs a mix of creativity and science to introduce new products efficiently and effectively".

My entire team is now reading the book!! and have bought it for some CEO friends too!

I'm a guy who loves to free think, who loves to come up with new and innovative way of doing things/introducing things/fixing things. Because I know that about myself, I embrace process. I utilize process to harness my sometimes dangerous "free thinking" into a more successful outcome. This book offers a process, say a road map, to innovation. CEO's and Presidents, read this and then give copies to your exec team, the insights in this book will have immediate and lasting effects on your company. One of the best take-to-heart points in this book for me is when the author talks about companies "They have a process for reviewing people for raises and promotions. They even have a process for ordering paperclips, yet they don't have a process for something that is vital to their company's future - handling new product introductions."



I served on a BOD for a non-profit that continually discussed "innovation". To me, it was an excuse to dream big dreams and to complain about companies that didn't get it right. They never we able to do anything about it. This book solves that problem. Use it as your road map, we are sure going to.

Brand New is like a MBA crash course on innovation. It puts words on the new product paradox (aka the 800lb gorilla marketers hate to admit exists) and describes a clear solutions and techniques on how to solve it. I was amazed at how easy the book read and how strong it made me feel knowing that there were like minded people out there. I just wish it came in a pocket size so I could carry it with me more frequently.

I am a business book junkie. Unfortunately my shelf is full of books started but never finished.

This book is not on that shelf.

In fact, it never made it to my shelf. I read it over the Easter long weekend and then passed it on to our marketing Team as required reading.

If you are involved in product development or planning this should be required reading.

Well written, easy to follow and most important easy to execute ideas and strategies right out of the box.

R French

The big management consulting firms have lead the business innovation consulting space for years. The processes have been long, involved and expensive. This book finally demystifies new product innovation and simplifies the process. Great actionable ideas that will help any business become more successful at reinventing itself. Awesome!

Brand New is a must for anyone who is in the business of creating something new, different, exciting, salable and scalable. It simplifies the process of innovating, and provides a model that just about any organization -- whether they be the creators or the judges of what's being created -- can follow. My entire management team will be reading this if they haven't started already.

As the innovation leader of my company, I find myself forgetting about it at times and working on day to day problems. Reading this book reminds me how important it is for any company and how anyone can systematically implement innovation. It's a great book, easy read, and breaks innovation down to its simplest terms. All levels of management should read this book.

Brand New offers a great, practical way to get the best of best practices in innovation all in one place. The approach is process-driven and practical, so it's a realistic solution for today's new product and marketing people. At the same time it offers the due diligence and accountabity that is absolutely essential for launching successful innovations in todays ultra-competitive, consumer-driven world. Its conversational tone is easy to digest, and the content is structured so you can put the knowledge to use right away. Mike Maddock and friends are truly innovators to be able to communicate such a monumental task in such a consumable way. Twelve thumbs up and a must read for anyone responsible for keeping existing brands competitive or launching new brands.

I teach entrepreneurship and business plans, I have an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School, and I am a successful entrepreneurial who has started, grown, and sold a company to a Fortune 500 firm. As such, I maintain a library of "classic" business texts that I refer to regularly and incorporate into my teaching and practice. For the first time in some years, I have added a new book to my shelf: Brand New. Destine to become a classic, this text is an indispensable tool for any business leader. If you are not creating new products or business models on a regular basis, you are destined to stagnate into the downward spiral of complacency. But the paradox is: who has the TIME and the RESOURCES to research new ideas and bring them to market? Brand New solves the paradox, with a step by step guide to innovation and new product development from a scholar practitioner who not only has spent a lifetime studying the innovation/new product development literature, but who has been on the front lines of innovation execution for over 20 years. Bravo to Mike Maddock and Brand New -- a new classic has been born. - Process - Innovation - Business Model - Business Model Innovation'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Business Model Innovation - innovation, business model innovation business model Business Model Innovation - innovation, business model innovation