Tuesday 6 April 2010

Combo Packs - flashlight, firestorm


I couldn't be happier with all of these tools. The batteries have plenty of juice to drive them and they all work extremely well. The reciprocating saw can get a little bouncy if you try to use it on too big of a cut but I use it for pruning small branches and it works great for that. The drill is excellent. The bits seat firmly and stay secure with hand only tightening. The circular saw is the best of the lot. It's really easy to make a good cut without having to worry about the cord getting in the way. I was worried that the battery wouldn't provide enough juice to get the rpms I wanted but that has not been an issue (assuming you don't try to cut wood that's too thick or too hard for this type of tool). The flashlight is pretty good but I don't really use it much. It does have good distance though and a beam that's ok not too diffuse. For the price you pay this a superb set of tools. Black & Decker CD418C-2 18-Volt 4-Tool Combo Kit

This arrived FAST. Wow, I'm impressed. I am in Kuwait and some companies use APO addresses as an excuse not to ship, but not these folks! So far the tools have performed well. Batteries are easy to remove & replace (are you listening, Dewalt?).



My suggestions for small improvements to make it better value for $$:

* Only two 6-in reciprocating saw blades for wood included.

- Metal is cheap, so how about a full set of blades?

* Light bulb was the old incandescent type.

- LEDs are cheap, brighter, use less power, last longer and forgive being dropped on concrete.

* Circular saw blade was a bit difficult to install and instructions were unhelpful.

- How about hiring a native English speaker to write the instructions for the US market?

* Nylon carrying bag is good; the inside & outside pockets are convenient.

- Saw blades will eventually wear holes through the sides, so cheap plastic snap-on blade-protectors would be such a nice touch.

- Bag Color is black and gets dirty as soon as you use it. How about grey, tan or other neutral color?



More expensive improvements which may not be feasible for the price:

- 3 batteries instead of 2.

- A hammer-drill.

- Hard carrying case.

- Worldwide battery charger (plug into 100-240 volts).

- Dual battery charger (charge 2 units at once).

I read a lot of reviews on this set on amazon and several other sites and a hand full of people complained about battery life but I think that is just isolated incidents. I charged the batteries over night and have been using them all day on the circular saw and drill. I also have the sander and used the same battery on it. By the end of it all I probably put a hours worth of drilling sawing and sanding in and never had a problem with battery power or any malfunctions with the tools. the little light is pretty bright on a full battery but diminishes as expected when using a used and abused battery. I'm eager to see if the weed eater last as long with this battery. I would suggest you buy this if your looking for a good set of cordless tools

I use this tool kit around the house, interior as well as exterior minor works. This is a very good price for all four tools.

The drill is powerful enough for household drilling. Even my wife uses this to drill whatever she wants on the wall or cabinet.

The flashlight was a stable for my outside storage unit. It's a good plus.

Have not use the circular saw yet so I cannot give any review on that.

I used the reciprocating saw to cut down woods to fit them in the trash bin. Powerful. Saved me a lot of time if I was to manually hand-cut my outdoor rotted wooden working table.

I was replacing some of the same items stolen from my garage, so I knew the 18v B&D was a good product.

I did not get an instruction manual, but did get an electric sander thrown in to make up for it....that was a nice touch.

For the occasional home user this set is well worth the money. Have had occasion to use all the tools and they are very convenient, plenty powerful, and the cary bag is great for storage and moving. If you are a pro, you may like more buzz, but the average Joe like me will enjoy these tools. - Combo Packs - Flashlight - Cordless Drill - Firestorm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Combo Packs - flashlight, firestorm firestorm Combo Packs - flashlight, firestorm