Tuesday 16 March 2010

Womens Socks - made in usa, socks


I use these socks as a substitute for slippers- I'm not big on going barefoot and I have some foot problems, so I like having something soft on my feet when I'm not wearing shoes. These socks are nice and thick (which is why I don't wear them with shoes- for me, they are WAY too thick for shoes or sneakers, about the same thickness as a traditional tubesock) and despite being washed several times, the elastic has held up nicely and the socks don't lose their shape.



However, the heels have worn down on several of the pairs and I've had to replace them. We have laminate and carpeted floors so no "rough" surfaces, just regular wear and tear. But the socks are very inexpensive and hold up really well in every other way so I don't mind having to replace them every few months.



I highly recommend. I wouldn't use them for daily wear with shoes (except something very roomy, like Crocs or clogs) because of how thick they are, but they are perfect socks for lounging around, when you want something warm and cushion-y on your feet that won't slide down or roll off. Champion Women's 6-Pack Performance Ankle Socks, White, 5-9

These socks were the most comfortable I had ever worn. I just kept coming back to purchase more. That is until they changed their product. I thought I had made a mistake and ordered the wrong kind, but no, I ordered again and got the same "new" socks. These socks have a band that goes around the middle of your food and they are not comfortable at all. I am upset because I loved how these socks felt before they changed them.

I had found these cotton anklets by Champion at Target once upon a time. Of course, when I went back, they didn't have them any more.



I was so disappointed because they are made in America and I try to buy American as much as possible. When I found these on Amazon, I was hoping they were the same sock. Yay! They are. They are nicely cushioned.



You should try them!

In the picture, they look like plain socks. What I received was a 6 pack of socks with a terry cloth lining. There is a seam across the toe that means the socks have to be worn inside out to avoid blisters. They are also so thick they won't fit in my shoes. If you plan on wearing them without shoes, I suggest getting socks with those little rubber type dots on the bottom so you don't slip.

The product ordered (Champion Women's 6-Pack Performance Ankle Socks, White, 5-9) is NOT what I received. I received a 6-pack of socks with cutesy little pink, lilac, etc. doodads embroidered on them. I'm not the "cutesy" type at age 69. Plus, they are a very tight fit. I've worn them and will keep them as the hassle isn't worth it, but wish they were the items I ordered. And I haven't lived in Tyler in years, but can't find a way to change it to Sweetwater, TX.

This sock is very comfortable, and I like the elastic around the arch of the foot. It feels very supportive and adds comfort because I do not wear shoes that often so my feet don't have a lot of arch support during the day. They are holding up very well in the wash and show no wear. - Womens - Socks - Made In Usa - Active'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Womens Socks - made in usa, socks made in usa Womens Socks - made in usa, socks