Tuesday 16 March 2010

Notebook Accessories - notebook stand, notebook riser


I've had two of these for almost a year now and I can't sing their praises enough.I have one in the home office and one on the bedside table which is a boon when hooking the notebook up to the flatscreen and watching downloaded movies.I also have a Logitech wireless mouse that works great on the bedcovers and takes care of most functions I need.

In response to Jeffs comments I can only suggest that he programmes his computer mouse (I also use Logitech wireless in the office) so that it can handle the volume and mute functions on his notebook.That's what I have done and it's sweet. 3M Vertical Notebook Riser (LX550)

This is the best riser I could have found! :) I was skeptical at first being just two pieces of plastic (has protection against scratches). It is able to bring the screen right to eye level and relieves any neck strain. I searched out and read reviews on so many risers. I cannot believe how sturdy this riser turned out to be for a heavy 17" laptop. 10 stars for this one.

We purchased this to turn a 17" laptop into a desktop unit. It works great and is designed well. Could be a bit heavier but it is totally adjustable and sturdy enough if you are not going to be moving the laptop around a lot. 3M does not make junk. I looked at other brands and designs, even bought one that I returned to the store. This was the best.

I searched and searched for the right laptop riser to get my monitor to eye level, since my neck has been suffering from working all day every day looking down at the screen on my desk. Using this product, I can prop the laptop up at an angle and still type on the laptop keyboard comfortably, which raises the monitor up off the desk about 8 inches... or I can stand the laptop up completely and use an external keyboard/mouse on the desk. This product is sturdy and easy to use.

I have a IBM Thinkpad T400. I used to use a tilted-angel laptop stand, which would raise the laptop approximately 20 degrees. This worked for awhile, but after extended use I noticed neck problems from having my head tilted down all the time. I also noticed that I would regularly "lean in" to my monitor, since it would be so far from my keyboard.



I searched the web for laptop stands and man, is there a lot of junk out there. But the 3M Vertical Notebook riser is the *perfect* stand for my office and my notebook.



Why? First, it supports an adjustable angle, but the angles are all WAY higher than what you find in typical stands. I have mine at nearly 80 degrees. This makes the monitor height exactly what it is supposed to be -- the top of my monitor is at eye level. And, it brings the monitor quite a few inches closer, to exactly its desired distance -- arm's length.



So now, my setup includes a split keyboard (goldtouch), a comfortable mouse, and the vertical riser. Finally, an ergonomic home desktop office that is powered by my notebook computer!

This stand is the PERFECT solution to my need for a reliable ergonomic laptop stand. I was skeptical when I ordered this item but not any more! It is easily assembled, highly adjustable, and confidently supports my 17" HP laptop. I do use a standard wireless keyboard and mouse. It holds the laptop screen at the exact height and I have no fear of it tipping, slipping or falling apart. Highly recommend it!

I use multiple laptops for work as I can transport them from office to office easily, but hate typing on the small, cramped keyboards. This stand is very nice as it holds any size laptop very securely, is adjustable to any degree of tilt all the way to full vertical, and comes apart for slipping into a laptop bag and taking with you.



The vertical placement that this can do is great, hard to find in any other one. No way these will slip out either, very secure design.



To use this effectively though you will not be able to type on the notebook keyboard while it is in the stand, you want want a mini USB keyboard to plug into and place in front, or a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. So much nicer though to give it some air and raise the screen to eye level.



Took off one star because it is flat along the bottom and blocks access to the buttons on the front of my Dell XPS 1210 for things like mute and volume control, there is a Kensington stand I also have from the Dell site that has a curved front to allow access to those buttons, but it does not go vertical like this one, so have to choose what is best for you.



Overall, very good, highly recommend for getting your desk space back.

Item was 1/2 the price then anywhere else and is great to get the laptop up to eye level. Before you buy this make sure your laptop screen will fold almost flat otherwise this product might not work for you. I have 2 laptops...one for work and one personal....this only works for 1 of my laptops. But it is still a great item!! - Notebook Riser - Notebook Stand - Laptop Holder - Laptop Riser'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Notebook Accessories - notebook stand, notebook riser notebook riser Notebook Accessories - notebook stand, notebook riser