Tuesday 16 March 2010

Polishing Granite And Marble - polishing granite and marble


I was originally going to by the Secco kit because it had reviews and there were none for the Hardin. But when I realized there would be a 2-4 week wait for the Secco to ship, I canceled my order for the Secco and ordered the Hardin. I placed the order March 2 and it arrive March 8 with standard shipping. It arrived without the 10,000 grit buffing pad or radius wheel. A call to the company and it was on its way, so no problem. I bought the kit to shape and polish the edges of 12x12x1/4 granite tiles. Worked like a charm, starting with 50 grit pad to get basic shape and working up to 10,000 buffing pad. I had previously had to pay $12 per linear foot to have this work done, so needing 30 feet of tile edge polished made this a great deal. The grinder feels solid and runs well. It comes with both the handle pictured as well as a side handle, which I prefer. It also comes with a ground fault circuit interrupter (plugs on both ends so you can use it with other tools). I like that the water valve is on the underside rather than on top. That location makes it very convenient to operate the water valve with the index finger and the power switch with your thumb. I built a simple fixture from plywood to clamp the tiles at a 30 degree angle and worked on 10 tiles at a time, switching tiles rather than polishing pads. That seems to work best, and makes the location of the water valve and power switch important. Looks like I will get a lot of use out of the polishing pads before they wear out. I am thoroughly pleased with my purchase. Hardin 38WVPOLSET 3/8-Inch Radius Stone and Concrete 1/4 Round Bullnose Shaping and Wet Polishing Kit

I bought the polisher to polish and edge out granite for my kitchen. I have only finished the first piece and I'm already having problems. The first time I tried to change the edger to the polisher the blade lock snapped off. Luckily sticking a piece of metal in the hole where the button used to be will stop the blade for blade change. Second the wrench for the tool is flimsy and bent the second time I tried to change things up.



Then about 3/4 of the way through my first piece the hose that feeds the water started popping out the back. I put it back in a couple of times before it popped out and sent water into the motor and the variable speed switch started to go haywire. As I went to turn everything off and try to resolve the problem I ended up getting electrocuted.



I can't speak for the other users problems wit the switch. It seems a little stiff, but playing with the grinders in Home Depot is not any different feeling.



Buy a name brand tool from a legitimate company. It will make your life easier.

Plugged it in, turned it on and after 3 minutes it started varying speeds. After 5 minutes it would not turn on again. VERY disappointing. I would stay away from this. Wasn't even pushing hard or stressing the tool.

I USED THE ITEM ONCE ON SOME GRANITE.AND THE TRIGGER BUTTON DOES NOT FUNTION WELL HAD TO STRUGGLE WITH IT TO KEEP IT RUNNING .HAD TO PUSH REAL HARD IN THE ON POSITION AND KEEP THUMB PRESSED HARD IN ON POSITION TILL I GOT THROUGH ALL THE PADS .MY ARM WAS VERY TIRED AND IM IN GREAT SHAPE FOOD FOR THOUGHT . - Polishing Granite And Marble'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Polishing Granite And Marble - polishing granite and marble polishing granite and marble Polishing Granite And Marble - polishing granite and marble