Wednesday 31 March 2010

Video Games


As a PES (Winning 11) fan since 99 and a very pissed Konami customer in the last couple of years, I am very happy and pleased this year. This PES by far better than any other PES on the current game console generations..+ The graphics is revamped and stunning, beautiful.. (still some minor animations issues can be seen but you will not notice them)+ The attack feels solid, passing is improved.+ Team AI is unbelievably better than last year.+ The defence system is changed than last year but it feels better (Still you have to redo the learning curve which might upset some customers.)- Same cheesy menus/ soundtrack --> who care about the menus/ sound track!!!!!- Some licence are missing .. this might be bad for those team fans.In my opinion even this is not the most polished game but it is the most solid authentic football (soccer) game.. Pro Evolution Soccer 2012

There are some improvements made on Pes 2012. The graphics are better with the players having some facial expressions, also the fans look better than they did in PES 11. The movements of the players are more realistic with each player having his attributes as in real life. There is this new thing that wasn't previously present in PES, you can instruct your teammates to move forward with the R3 button and choose them in corner kicks as well. One other thing I noticed is that it's harder to accurately tackle compared to PES 11 and it's also harder to get the ball from the opponent. PES has always, in my opinion, been steps ahead of fifa (although fifa has lately made some improvements) because of the fact that the game was never foreseeable (since Iss pro and pro ev 2 on ps1, where I remember in fifa 99, 2000, 2001 you almost knew what was going to happen) and it's getting better every year. PES is even better for people with high knowledge of football and that also play or have played in real life.

Of course, highly recommended.

I wanted to wait and play the game before I gave a proper review. Let me start by saying this game is great in the ways that are important for a videogame. The gameplay is awesome. The passing and shooting and most importantly; the AI. Konami boasted about the AI as being the most important feature worked on for this iteration and I must add, they did not lie. The AI for both your teammates and the opponent are incredible. Your players make runs when you have the ball and stay in a solid formation when on the defensive. It just makes playing the game a pure pleasure and you are no longer yelling at your virtual teammates. If you do feel the need to make your players make more varied runs, Konami have added the feature to take control of two players at the same time. It's difficult to get to grips with, but once mastered, it adds a huge dimension to your game.Playing against the AI is in a whole other league as well. I consider myself a seasoned PES player and I always begin the game on Top Player level because in the past, I've found the AI too easy on any other level. I did the same this year but I was constantly getting beat so I have lowered the level to Professional. It's still difficult to win. They have added an unlockable "Superstar" level this year and I can only imagine how difficult that will be to win consistently. The AI is tough but not in a frustrating way, it's been done in a realistic way. Each team you play doesn't play the same way, so it's like playing against another person. Which leads me into another great feature in PES. Individuality of both players and teams. Konami always pays attention to the details of each and every player playing differently than another. But, this year it's even more pronounced, maybe due to the AI advances this year. Bottom line is that playing Barcelona on PES is like playing Barcelona in real life. They pass the ball around and maintain possession throughout and you have to beat them on the counter when you get the chance. It's very challenging.Now onto the negatives. I think the graphics have taken a step back from last year a bit. It's not such a bad thing but you do usually expect the graphics to get a bit sharper each year rather than regress. Maybe it has something to do with the tragedy in Japan this last year, not sure. I also have to say that the atmosphere in the stadiums and the commentary are dour to say the least. This is something that has plagued PES for years so I don't know why I am even mentioning it to be honest. I hope that Konami can put forth a little focus on these issues for next year because I feel it would add so much more to the experience. It can be done too as FIFA have nailed it pretty well. I also think that the animations are still lacking and stuck in the PS2 days. They're not terrible but they are behind the competition. These are the biggest negatives I can think of at this time but maybe I need to play the game longer to find more flaws. But so far, I have played this game non stop since 9/27/2011. It's that fun. If Konami make PES 2012 the base for their future iterations, I think that PES will take back the crown from FIFA. PES lacks all the glitz that FIFA has, but PES represents football more realistically on the virtual pitch. Most importantly, PES is fun to play and that will always make me come back. Well done Konami!P.S.I also wanted to mention that Amazon saved me on this purchase. I initially (ignorantly) pre-ordered this game from Best Buy. I then checked on the status, the day before release, and found out that it was backordered! Backordered? How can a pre-order be backordered? So, I canceled from Best Buy and ordered it from Amazon and received it on release. Kudos to Amazon. I will always order from Amazon if I buy a game online. Thanks again Amazon!

Gameplay is awesome, the way players shoot and score is so real... The player's movements, dribbles are greats and they are fully controlled.. The only minor thing I have experienced is that, sometimes players automatically make tackles leading to red card and penalty. This really need to be fixed..'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Video Games Video Games Video Games