Wednesday 31 March 2010

Please Put This On Dvd - kristy mcnichol, country music


I was obsessed with Kristy McNichol as a kid. At 37, I have found old obsessions die hard. I loved this movie when it was released in 1981, but I wasn't quite so sure it would still hold my attention in 2004. I recently purchased one of those VHS transfers to DVD and I am surprised to find this movie still as captivating today as I did when I was a kid. The thing I am most surprised by is how entertaining it is.



It is a total B movie, but it's incredibly rich in its character development, or maybe that is just the acting, which is great. The editing is really amazing too; there are a lot of subtleties to this and a lot of sensitivity and I find that really surprising, when most media today is so flat, crude and one-dimensional. It is easy to tell that that this film was made by some very talented people. And I have to say, in all honesty, I really think that Kristy McNichol and Dennis Quaid can sing. This is just all-around wonderful entertainment.



I hope this gets an offical DVD release sometime soon. But until then I will just enjoy my Ebay counterfit. The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia [VHS]

I really hope that this movie is put into dvd form soon. I think this was Dennis Quaid's first movie or was it Caveman? Anyway he is really talented and I always liked Kristy McNichol since the show "Family", which also starred James Broderick (Matthew's father). She has the charm of a little waif and who could forget Mark Hamil from Star Wars fame. Please bring this movie out soon.



A Fan

I have heard and read that when this movie was released in movie theaters that the critics trashed it and I have heard people saying that it was a box office flop but I remember watching The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia on cable and liking it. The Title of the movie is taken from a song from the 70s sung by Vicki Lawrence (Yes the same Vicki Lawrence from The Carol Burnett Show and Mama's Family). The movie stars Dennis Quaid as a country singer and Kristy McNichol as his teenaged sister who travel to Nashville when he gets in trouble with the law and there Kristy's character falls in love with a cop played by Mark Hamill. This movie in my opinion is much better then what the critics said and I think that Dennis Quaid, Kristy McNichol and Mark Hamill were all very good and I wish this movie would be transferred to DVD because since I got my DVD player and have seen how much better DVDs are then video tapes I don't buy movies on video anymore!

This has been out of print for quite a long time. There are counterfeits out there which are very bad quality. Beware the brand new, factory fresh smelling black clambshell box, complete with the original artwork. Chances are very good it is one of those lousy fakes. Used 20th century fox editions will prove to be a safer bet, and theirs is stereo compatible.

I have been waiting for years for you to put this on DVD legitimately. I know sometimes you can find this on Ebay on DVD. But I am not sure I trust those copies. PLEASE work with me on this and put this out. I had the VHS but can't find it anywhere. This movie makes me think of my close relationship to my brother. It is sentimental to me and I LOVE the movie.



I will definately purchase it when it comes out! I would also be interested in the series "FAMILY" on DVD.



Thank you,

Angie

BEING A BIG FAN OF KRISTY MCNICHOL WHEN I WAS GROWING UP, I SEENTHIS MOVIE WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT IN THEATERS! IT HAS ACTION, ADVENTURE AND SOME GREAT MUSIC TO BOOT!! I USED TO OWN MY OWN COPY OF THIS ON VHS AND HOPE TO PURCHASE ONE AGAIN SOON! TRUST ME, YOU WILL REALLY ENJOY THIS MOVIE; NOT JUST ONCE, BUT OVER & OVER AGAIN!!

This is a movie that I saw in the theater when it came out. Dennis Quaid is sexy and talented and Kristy McNichol was so sweet and innocent. I loved this movie then and I love it now. I would love to get my hands on a CD of just the music. It brings tears and laughter and frustration all together in a way that makes it worth the time and attention it takes to watch it.

this movie is a wonderful film. i loved this movie so much that i even named my daughter amanda.

please beware of the cheap copies that are sold on ebay. unfortately, i was one of those people that did buy one.you can definately tell the difference in quality. i wish that i would have seen the review from BEWARE before.

i really wish that this movie was on dvd. the picture quality i think would be great!

Just watch it if you get a chance, you will not be sorry. This goes with the likes of Little Darlings, Foxes, Carny and Times Square. Those were also underrated, little type of films. No more needs to be said.

A great action-packed movie. The explosive chemistry between Dennis Quaid (the womanizer big brother) and Kristy McNichol (The business manager little sister)as a musical team in route to Nashville for a recording contract, and their troubles with love and the law along the way. - Dennis Quaid - Country Music - Kristy Mcnichol - Ought To Be On Dvd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Please Put This On Dvd - kristy mcnichol, country music kristy mcnichol Please Put This On Dvd - kristy mcnichol, country music