Wednesday 3 March 2010

Replacement Tire - cart, 13 inch


These tires were put on the front a 48 inch zero turn mower. I had to have sleeves made to adapt them to the axels of the mower. The weight on each tire is 210 pounds so that falls well within the 350 lbs weight limitations. I had to put new grease fittings in as the ones that came with the wheels would not accept grease. I also removed the inside grease seals of the bearings so that they would take the grease( I used Lucas blue grease). I have used the mower about 10 hours and so far the wheels have done very well. They give just a little rougher ride but they do very well and I have eliminated the dreaded flat tire. Marathon Industries 01410P 11x4.0-5-Inch Flat Free Lawn Mower Tire - 5-Inch centered hub - 3/4-Inch Precision ball bearing

I recieved the tires promptly. They did not fit my mower... but were easily modified to fit. I had to cut the hub width to 4.5 inches and change out the bearings for the ones in the old wheels. This was a pain but... the snapper dealer in waxahachie quoted me $125 per wheel to replace my existing wheels with this type of wheel, whereas I paid $40 per wheel. so I saved $170 to do it this way. I gave the item 5 stars because it was as advertised even tho I had to modify them to fit my mower. - Cart Wheel - 13 Inch - Cart Tire - Cart'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Replacement Tire - cart, 13 inch cart wheel Replacement Tire - cart, 13 inch