Wednesday 3 March 2010

Car Chargers - car chargers, nuvi 760


I have a few Garmin devices. With multiple drivers, the adapter will need replacement, (mine did). I picked up this one un sure of the quality for the price. We got it right, I will pick up another just to have as a back up. The Garmin power supply does not last long without the adapter and I love my nav! Great find. Car Power Adapter Charger for Garmin Nuvi

I had high hopes for this adaptor.....dashed. It developed an internal short in the cord to the GPS during the first trip I used it. The fuse blew, as did the replacement fuse I used. No kinks in the cord. Not twisted or stretched. Very disappointed. Do yourself a favor and buy a better quality charger.

This charger fits our Garmin Nuvi 750 and 760 better and more tightly than the original, which lasted about a year. We bought the Gilsson 12V Cigarette Lighter Adapter for Garmin GPS Nuvi 650 660 750 755 760 765 775 885 855 850 Zumo StreetPilot C550 to replace the original, and it stopped working after about 5 months. We bought this cord to replace it and have higher hopes for this one, based on initial impressions of quality and fit.

I had to replace my cord for the nuvi and this was an excellent price. Delivered quickly. I've used it for over a month and so far, so good. But I have noticed that intermittently the cord stops working. But all I have to do is unplug/replug into the lighter adaptor and it works again. A very small complaint.

I learned the hard way that this charger doesn't work with the Nuvi 660. Not only did it not charge my GPS, it managed to permanently disable my Nuvi. The charger arrived quickly and appeared to have all the correct connections, but the fact that I now I have to buy a new GPS unit is a bit of a drawback.

My Garmin nuvi 760 screw thing which holds the fuse kept popping out which was quite frustrating and eventually got lost.



I saw this posted and based on the past reviews I decided to purchase.... so far it works well and most of all does not unscrew - so it appears to be dependable.



Delivery was earlier than promise.



If you need a replacement this will do the job at a fraction of the cost of the orginal garmin car charger which may have the same loose screw problem.

This wire didn't fit well with my cradle. It actually broke the plug in part of the cradle. Do yourself a favor and buy a garmin brand replacement. I had to purchase a new cradle because the stores did not carry the one for my model anymore.

I am really glad to see this item. The tip fell out of our Garmin car power cord and was useless. Not only could Garmin and local dealers not provide the replacement tip, they couldn't even replace the whole cord- at any price. The local dealer (Best Buy) was able to furnish an aftermarket replacement that worked from the auto power to the mini USB connection on the Garmin which meant that you could either recharge the Garmin or you could use it but not both simultaneously. Grrrrrrrrr. This product connects from the car power to the base of the Garmin which means it charges and works as a gps at the same time. Very simple. Is anybody out there listening? And all because of a loose tip which must have cost all of $.20. The unit works perfectly, just like the original. - Nuvi 760 - Car Charger - Car Chargers - Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Car Chargers - car chargers, nuvi 760 garmin nuvi Car Chargers - car chargers, nuvi 760