Saturday 6 March 2010

Mouse Pads - gaming mouse pad, wowpad


Ever since laser mice came out, I've ditched the mouse pads but found some surfaces that laser doesn't seem to work right. This mouse pad is nice and big and allows the mouse to glide easily. Also found that mouse works more accurately, something I didn't notice until I used the pad. It's also nice and thin so that it doesn't get in the way and I can store it sandwiched between the keyboard and screen of my labtop/notebook. Because of the thiness, it does tend to move a bit more when I rest my wrist on the pad, but no problems when I keep my wrist off the pad. It's rock solid if I place a corner under one of labtop's rubber feet.



I would recommend this mouse pad to anyone using labtop computers providing convenient storage, looking to improve mousing accuracy, lifetime hygenic use (this can be wiped down and no covers to come loose), or anyone interested in extending battert life of a laser mouse. WOW!PAD 8DGW55 8.5" Diameter Battery Saver Tech Mouse Pad

My assumption is that the anti-bacterial property of this pad is supposed to prevent the usual gunk build up. After several months use, it has not yet required any cleaning. I'm docking this a star as it is not as sticky as I had hoped, and does occasionally tend to slide.



Overall, it is a decent product that I can recommend in good conscience; should this current WOWpad expire for whatever reason, I'm liable to buy another.

I have this "Battery Saver" pad for about 8 months - however, I am now looking for a replacement as I found there were numbers of problems with this mouse pad.



1. The non-slip side is not what it claimed to be; Even I follow the instructions of weekly wipedown, it only stick for less then a day - I have to end up using my keyboard as this pad's paper weight in order not having it slip across the desk like a overside flat hockey puck.



2. The operation surface become very smooth and it worn down - in less then 3 months; In another word, I will not recommend this pad if you are a gamer as the response rate of this pad will drop rather quickly. Even in standard usage web surfing was becoming an issue.



3. But its biggest flaw came from its "battery saving feature"; My laser mouse usually have to replace the NiMH batteries every 4 months in normal everyday use. However, after replacing my NiMH twice in first 3 months of using this pad, I switched to normal batteries and I am my 2nd set already.



So IMHO - save your money and get something else.

I have a very small slide out on my keyboard tray for a mouse. its just enough room to mouse on. most gamers would hate it, I happen to love it. I dont need a huge desk to mouse on. this mouse pad is the only one that lets me slide the tray in as it folds in due to it being so thin. It also fits that mouse tray absolutely perfect. Amazing product. I purchased one 4 years ago it finally wore out. the surface got smooth and attracted tons of dirt. but that was after 4 years of hard abuse. and it was worth every single penny.

BUY this if you love thin mouse pads. its very very slippery though. if you need grip. this wont work. It grips it's self to the surface its on real well but if your desk is on a slant it will slide off :)

stay away from fellowes they are horrible.



I tried cheeper thin mousepads and they sucked. This is GOLD! They have larger ones for you hardcore gamers:) best mouse pad there is.

While I tend to read reviews before buying a product like this, I rarely write them as I never seem to find the time. But in this case, I decided to make the time. I am a designer by profession and spend 50-60 hours a week on my computer. I replaced my gel wrist mouse pad with this one shortly after I got my new computer. I wanted something that would allow my optical mouse to track better than on my existing pad, and something that would give some protection to the top of my desk. I wanted something thin, secure but moveable, and something that was not visually distracting. This WowPad meets all those requirements. I have not experienced any of the problems I had read in other reviews before purchasing: loss of adhesion to the desk top, wearing down of the tracking surface, or even battery loss. Quite the opposite: It sticks to my desk which has a very smooth finish, but I can still peel it up and move it if needed. Plus the surface has maintained its tracking. Routine cleaning is simple and not bothersome. And my batteries are lasting longer. I have had such good results that I plan on replacing the mouse pads on my other two workstations. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is considering it. And honestly: for the low cost, why not give it a try!

Pros: this cool circular mousepad is just the right size for everyday mousing. Supposedly, the light gray color will extend the life of the batteries in your wireless mouse. While I imagine that this claim is true, I wonder how much of an issue battery life actually is with wireless mice. The last wireless mouse that I had went many months, or possibly a year or more in between battery changes, and I did not have anything special in the way of a mousepad.



It is very flat and thin, with no discernible odor. There is a slight gridlike texture on the top, while the bottom is slightly tacky. While it does not actually glue itself to my desk, I do not find that it slides around, either. I like the fact that the mousepad is totally cleanable, top and bottom, with regular detergents, and if the bottom loses its grip, it can be cleaned to be restored.



Cons: perhaps slightly more expensive than other mouse pads, and the whitish gray color is quite boring.



*********************



Update:



After a couple of months of use, I have found the backing for the pad to have become slippery, as others have reported. I followed the directions on the packaging, cleaning it with detergent, but that did not restore the original tackiness. I find the slipping to be quite annoying, and have discarded it. - Mouse Pads - Wowpad - Mousepads - Gaming Mouse Pad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mouse Pads - gaming mouse pad, wowpad gaming mouse pad Mouse Pads - gaming mouse pad, wowpad