Saturday 6 March 2010

Filter - woodworking, respirator


I purchased this same respirator from a local big box home improvement store and one of the inhale diaphragms is already missing after only a few uses. They are of lower quality compared to my older AOSafety brand respirator I've used for years without issue until new replacement filter cartridges became harder to find which is why I purchased the 3M model.



I agree with the other poster regarding the problem of moisture dripping out through the exhale port. This was rarely if ever an issue with my older respirator because the exhale port was located on the bottom of the mask and not the front like on the 3M respirator.



I purchased this respirator for a big project working in the crawlspace of my home and while it is not a bad respirator overall, however I would not call it professional grade. I expected a better quality product from 3M and this one has been a disappointment. 3M 62023HA1-A Professional Multi-Purpose Respirator

Gets the job done fairly well for most chemicals and dust, but for certain VOCs, like those from lacquer thinner, you have to pull the straps almost painfully tight. The build-up of moisture inside the mask could be better. If you remember to wipe it out your fine, but every once in awhile you'll get a drip in your finish, and that sucks.

This mask fit well and I think did the job necessary. The reason I say I think and the reason I could not give it 5 stars is the lack of clear information in the packaging. An OSHA-type table of the particular fumes this mask protects against is included but the table used OSHA-type codes and no layman could understand it. I even tried to find a website to explain the codes but could not. Even so, I had faith that it was protecting against the paint fumes that I purchased the mask for. - Respirator - Filter - Woodworking - Respirators'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Filter - woodworking, respirator respirator Filter - woodworking, respirator