Saturday 6 March 2010

Expandable Multi-handset - android, android tablet


Gone are the days of needing phone wires throughout your house. I had one old cordless phone as well as several corded phones around the house and out in my shop, all of them wired to the wall. I decided to upgrade to this system. It was a good move.



The set up was simple. An hour with the directions to get all my settings the way I wanted them and punch in all my stored numbers and I was in business. Now the only wired connection is to the base unit which sits on my desk. I can put the others handsets anywhere.



The sound clarity is fantastic and equal to any corded phone. The range is way beyond what I need, so even the phone out in my shop works great. The display is easy to read and the menu very intuitive even if you don't have the owners manual handy. I really like the intercom feature where you can transfer a call to someone else in the house without having to yell for them to pick up the phone. It will ring what ever handset you want. I also like the feature that lets you silence the ringer according to a preset schedule, so now the phone in my bedroom won't ring between 8pm and 8am. I can still hear the one in the kitchen ring and don't need to get blasted out of my sleep by the one by my bed. Caller ID shows up on all the handsets and you can retrieve messages from any handset. Once you store a name and number it is available on all handsets. Very cool. You can also block any callers that you don't want to hear from again or any callers without caller ID (which is most of the telemarketers)



The only thing I don't like (or need) is the voice that announces the callers ID. It's a mechanical sounding voice and rarely pronounces the names right. Fortunately this is an option that's easy to switch off on any or all of the handsets and the base unit.



I am very happy with this purchase and wish I had done it years ago. You can't go wrong with this system. Panasonic KX-TG6644B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with 4-Handsets

I work in a warehouse and am constantly on the move. I bend and lean a lot and having a phone in my pocket isn't always ideal but I get calls often enough I am constantly running back to my desk to grab the phone or try and figure out where I laid it down. I love this phone set! It looks nice in person. The different ringers are great!



The answering machine is easy to program and you can leave it so that it doesn't pick up until the 7th ring, which is great for me.



The voice announcing of callers with ID is entertaining as it gets. The pronunciations are sometimes down right hysterical...and some days I just really need a silly and stupid thing to laugh at like that to keep from losing it.



I strategically placed the extensions in the places I am most likely to be at or near when the phone always choses to ring and they all have beautiful clearity and are small enough not to take up much space (like the size of a standard 8oz cup).



You can put a belt clip on each handset. AND the best part...you can charge this front or backwards! This is the first cordless I've had that you didn't have to put in exactly "as pictured". Awesome feature!



You can adjust the ringer tone and volume for each handset which is nice since I placed one of the extensions in someone elses office (yes it makes sense to be there but didn't want it to be annoying). You can even mute one or all handsets...there are a lot of volume features!



I could go on and on about how much I like this phone versus my old cordless but I won't. I'll just leave it at HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

This cordless phone and answerer are new for 2011 and the performance is outstanding.



You can buy this phone/answerer in five configurations: KX-TG6632B (two cordless phones and answerer), KX-TG6633B (three cordless phones and answerer), KX-TG6643B (three cordless phones and answerer WITH keypad), KX-TG6644B (four cordless phones and answerer WITH keypad), KX-TG6645B (five cordless phones and answerer WITH keypad). All have the same handsets and the answerer differs only in that one comes with and the other without a keypad. The features and performance remain the same.



Pluses:



Near perfect display: Readable with no back-light and with the back-light on (hit any key) there is a brilliant white background with purple text using very large characters. This is the best display I've ever seen. The fonts are near perfect and the text is huge!



Range - outstanding: Past cordless phones have proven unreliable just outside my garage door. I had perfect reception there and decided to experiment. My driveway is 250 feet long and I had perfect reception 250 feet from my house! Stunning!



Voice quality - outstanding (yet I do wish I could turn the volume up just a bit more from its highest setting). Also there is no hiss or other audio anomalies.



Battery life: the batteries are standard NIMH AAA which are easily replaced. After a few days the meter shows no discharge. I don't doubt you'll have at least 11 days of stand-by as quoted in Panasonic's specifications.



Programming: Reasonably easy although I had to consult the manual a few times. Program one phone and the rest automatically update. That is a very nice feature. Even if you don't wish to do any programming the default settings are wisely chosen.



Comfort: These phones are very light weight but comfortable if you like to cradle the phone between your ear and shoulder. A belt clip is included.



No interference: The dect standard (1.9 GHZ) is a new frequency that does not interfere or share the same spectrum with past cordless phones or other wireless devices like routers. The "plus" designation is simply Panasonic marketing - meaning this is the second generation of Panasonic DECT phones.



Tone control: Three settings - normal, high frequency boost and low frequency boost.



Power outages: Keep one handset in the base and the system will function for about two hours during a power outage. The handset powers the base in this case.



Features: Too many to list but every feature offered seems to provide a great deal of flexibility. For example - talking caller ID can be turned on or off at either the answerer or handset respectively. Three groups of favorite numbers are offered so three people can have separate lists and each group can be given a unique name.







Minuses:



Volume: The ringer, speaker phone and handset are all just a bit low on volume, at least, to my ear. At their highest settings I find the volume acceptable but I wish they all could go a bit louder.





Answerer: Limited and rather basic. You can answer the phone there only by hitting the speaker phone button. You can't dial out except for three buttons which you can program. More flexibility is offered on the TG6643B which has a keypad but it still has no hardwired handset. You can only record or check your announcement at a handset but you can play back or erase messages at the answerer.





Conclusion:



This is a near perfect cordless phone offering clarity, great range, no interference with existing cordless appliances, a wonderful display and a number of other features. It shows the maturity of the technology brought to us in 2011



Overall I highly recommend this phone. I'd strongly recommend you purchase one more handset than you think you'll need given the low cost of an additional handset when purchasing a package. Purchasing separate handsets at a later date is much more costly.



Keep in mind if it does not say dect PLUS - you are looking at an older model Panasonic ---- many of which are still offered for sale on Amazon



BEST DEAL: As of May, 2011 the five handset version with answerer is only $10.00 more than the three handset version. The four handset version is priced higher than either of those. Go figure. Having an extra handset or two you'll never regret! - Android Tablet - 2-line Cordless Phone - Tablet - Android'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Expandable Multi-handset - android, android tablet tablet Expandable Multi-handset - android, android tablet