Saturday 6 March 2010

Girls Magazines - ages 9 - 14, kids magazine


I received a subscription of this magazine for one year, and although it has its good points, there were enough bad points to cause me not to renew. The magazine has tons of beautiful, full color posters of beautiful horses and ponies. I really enjoyed the quizzes and short stories, as well as some of the features. But my problem with this magazine was that it seems to lean towards the well-to-do little girls riding Welsh Ponies that are trained to show every weekend. I haven't read an issue yet that didn't contain an article about 'winning lots of ribbons in shows.' There is no focus on the other side of horsemanship: caring for your horse, keeping up your stable, and health care. It is simply assumed the 'young riders' will hand their lovely ponies away to their grooms and saunter off to hang their ribbons on the walls of their bedrooms, which will, presumably, also have the mega posters featured in each issue of the magazine. Young Rider (1-year auto-renewal)

I love Young Rider magazine! Anything you ever wanted to know about horses and ponies is in this magazine. There are a lot of contests, usually about five to six per magazine, that you can participate in. The best part for me is that you don't have to be "18 or older to enter". I enter every contest I can, and Young Rider is my best opportunity for contests. Plus, the prizes are great, even if you don't own a horse! You can even send a letter and get a penpal! I don't have a horse, but I love this magazine anyway, and it's always good to know about horses in case you ever drive by one. You'll know to slow down instead of just zooming by. You can learn the names of parts of the horse and equipment, as well as getting introduced to books and authors who have written books about horses and ponies. The only bad part is waiting for the next issue to come in the mail. All in all, this is a great magazine that I encourage anyone who likes horses to get!

This magazine is excellent! Offers horse care tips whether you own a horse or not. Helpful riding tips. Answers horsey propblems. You can win neat horse stuff. For kids who ride and don't ride. For begginers all the way up to advanced. I LOVE THIS MAGAZINE. I can't wait for the next issue to arrive.

I'm thirteen and first got this magazine for my twelfth birthday. I did not own a horse at the time (still don't, looking for one and in a lease with my trainer and her 3 yr old pony), but instead took lessons as often as I could, and came out every time I could beg a ride to the barn. It was great! - at first. A lot of the exercises I couldn't necessarily do - lunging was hard enough to find the time to do let alone some of the other things they talked about. But they have good stories - predictable if anything and excellent posters (my walls bear testimony to this). Also some stoires are useful (like dealing with spooky horses, different types of illnesses). While this is PREDOMINANTLY addressed to ten year old competitive hunters with their own $50,000 pony, I am looking for one less than $3000, am competitive but not very, and hope to not get a pony - experience tells me so. And still some of the advice they give is great. And yes, THEY DO WESTERN and I've seen them do bareback once or twice. They also do quick 'seasonals' the latest issue was about twenty pages thicker all with equestrian Olympic events and pics.

So join it - almost something is bound to catch your eye with an article, posters are excellent and their classifieds are helpful although not specific to Maryland my state, it's more of a nationwide, and NOT so specific.

Overall, friendly and worth da money.

My 6 year old horse-loving daughter adores this magazine! She can read the articles and stories--they are well written and interesting and not too old for her, and she loves the games, quizzes and, of course, the pictures! She likes it so well we are going to get her a subscription of her own, as we have been having trouble finding it in the horse stores. It is wonderful someone makes a great magazine for the younger horse-lovers!

I love this horse magazine so much!I love the quizzes, great posters and great acticles about real people and their horse/pony.I take riding lessons but don't own a horse but still enjoy this magazine! This is a great magazine for kids ages 7-13 i think. Some people say that people over the age of 10 are too old for this magazine, but I toatally disagree! I am 11 years old and I love this magazine. This magazine I think is for any good horse lover!

I am now 11 and i dont read young rider anymore. The writing is to easy and usually has some mistakes. It is slanted toward little girls with their $20,000 ponies who go to shows every weekend. For older readers I suggest Horse Illustrated.

Young Rider is a great magazine for the beginner- the articles are very simple and easy to understand. They have great posters, but there's usually an article on their backside. There are ads lining almost every page; there isn't nearly as much content as there used to be. The average YR magazine has about 60 pages/9 articles, which usually have half-page pictures. I'd reccomend a magazine such as Practical Horseman or Horse Illustrated for anyone over 13. But, for a young horselover, it's a very helpful resource. There's several pages displaying readers' pictures and stories, along with a few step-by-step articles. Things like coloring and markings are discussed in detail, and many famous events (like the Rolex Kentucky) are reported on. For the completely new English and Western rider, it would make a great gift.

The Young Rider is the BEST horse magazine for kids. It encourages horse lovers to love horses even more. It has great tips on riding English and Western saddle. It publishes letters that readers sent in the magazine. Young Rider also advertizes horse camps, tack, and riding clubs. Every magazine has two HUGE posters. My room is full of them. It talks about horse problems and how to cure them, horse breeds, stories, quizez, comics, and LOTS LOTS LOTS MORE! It is good for kids 5-15 and is great even if you are not a horse lover. All my freinds love this magazine! I loke this magazine! WHY CAN'T YOU!!! You will NOT be disipointed. So what are you waiting for? SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! - Kids Magazine - Ages 9 - 14'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Girls Magazines - ages 9 - 14, kids magazine kids magazine Girls Magazines - ages 9 - 14, kids magazine