Wednesday 10 February 2010

Stress Reduction - back pain relief, back stretcher


Works on the same principle as the "Lumbar Extender" but costs less. I showed it to the physiotherapist of the Swiss National Soccer Team, who's been using the Lumbar Extender for years on his patients with back problems. He tried it and found it quite good except for one thing: even in the most advanced position, the slope of the curve should be steeper lower in the back (under L5 specifically) and not high in the back, as is the case. (You'll see this if you look closely at the picture: the wider end slopes more gently down than the narrow end. It really should be the opposite.) You can solve this problem by simply using it "upside down" (i.e., with the adjustment slots down at the bottom of your back rather than at the top as per instructions).

Other than that (and the fact that they won't ship outside the US) this is an excellent, reasonably-priced product. Back Magic Multi-Level Adjustable Back Stretching Devise

Let me tell you my story;

I'm 63 and 6ft 3in; at 19 I fell on my back on a cement floor in a factory; (the days before physical rehab). Over the years this injury caused me great discomfort and pain. Every so often I would move the wrong way and "boom", my back would "go out" and I would be off my feet for a week. I used corset-style back braces and pain pills to some relief. In 1997 I finally went to an orthopedic surgeon after a particularly bad time; x-rays showed deterioration of two discs (age related); again I used pain pills that hardly worked, and again a corset-style brace. In 2006 I had a bulging disc; horribly strong pain pills and (finally) physical rehab which helped a great deal; however, I still had a "bad back" and decided on some chiropractic help; the adjustment helped a great deal but $50 a pop, so I couldn't go as often as I felt I needed and Advil became my best friend. (How many of you can relate to me so far?)

3 weeks ago I saw a Back Majic ad on TV and went to the net and bought it at Amazon which I concider one of the most important things I've ever done!

After my first 10 minute session I got up and immediately walked straighter, (hips forward, shoulders back); immediate lower back pain relief ( I no longer take Advil); my breathing improved and each breath was more satisfying than ever before; my hearing improved and all sounds were "fuller"; I felt more alert and awake and not lathargic and achey; my day was richer and I got more rest at sleep, and without concentrating on pain and discomfort my mood has improved immensly; I feel like a human being again and would pay $100 or with no problem for this device, that's how important it is to me.

I remember reading something Hippocrates wrote;"Look to the spine for the origin of disease".

This device aligns the spine allowing proper nerve function and stretches the back muscles and abs that support the spine and you can definetly feel all this work right away; because of the stretching don't over-use it in the beginning; at first you might feel odd and uncomfortable while using the device because of the stretching and aligning but hang in there. I followed the advice in the booklet and it worked fine. I also use it vertically while sitting in a chair or the couch watching TV and use it for driving which I'm surprised no one else tried; it beats all the rest of the pillows and back rests out there.

If you've had back surgery or spine fussion I wouldn't think this would be good for you; definetly ask your doctor.

It's AMAZING and has made a big difference in my life after so many years of discomfort and agony. Good luck to you!!!!

I'm in my late 30s and have been suffering from lower back pain for the past three years. The pain had moved into my shoulders and most recently my neck. The shoulder pain got so bad that I had to stop my upper-body workout routine 2 years ago. I found the Back Magic device while browsing Amazon two months ago. It has allowed me to manage my neck and back pain, and so far has eliminated the shoulder pain. I have been slowly getting back to my workout routine, thanks to Back Magic.



The device is adjustable with 3 levels of arch support. I suggest sticking to the lowest level for the first couple of weeks before graduating to the next. I am currently at the 2nd level and see no need to go any further.



I use the Back Magic at least 3 times daily. I take it to work with me since it is very portable. I will probably be using it the rest of my life.



Edit 2/12/2010: I am still using this nearly 2 years later. It's made from plastic, but it's holding up well. I only weigh 160 lbs however; if you weigh over 200 lbs, it may not hold up long term. As one of the other reviewers stated, it does work better with the narrow end of the unit placed at the lower back. My positive opinion of this device has not changed and I continue to use it every day. It is not a cure-all, but has helped me manage my lower back pain.

I bought mine from a shopping channel that sells out of them every time they are offered. It is demonstrated by a pilates instructor. I had been suffering from a low back strain and had carpel tunnel symptoms. Both were significantly relieved by regular use of this product. In fact, when I stopped for a week or so, my carpel tunnel symptoms started to return. After using it for a few months, I get compliments on my posture that never happened before. I also can feel significant softening in my chronically overworked neck/shoulder muscles as my head is now balanced on top of my spine, not way out in front of my body. Even after 6 months, I am still only on the first level and feel no great need to adjust to the second position. Great product, fabulous price!

I saw Back Magic advertised on a home shopping program, and the concept really caught my attention. The fact that my neck was in knots and had been for weeks only fueled my desperation for help. The product arrived in a reasonable amount of time, and I have been pleased with its results. I use the first level of elevation for now. I lie on it twice a day in five minute intervals. It is not comfortable at first, but it's not painful either. It's awkward. However, my body has adjusted over time. I have no clue as to why it has relieved my neck, but it has. Several days passed before I felt relief in my neck. I have shared it with friends of various shapes and sizes. The product is made of very sturdy material. It's one of those things that makes me say, "Why didn't I think of that?" The price is reasonable, and if you are at a point of giving up because of back pain, neck pain, or stress in general, you might as well give it a try. I have no regrets. - Back Pain - Back Stretcher - Back Pain Relief - Spine'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Stress Reduction - back pain relief, back stretcher spine Stress Reduction - back pain relief, back stretcher