Wednesday 10 February 2010

counter - counter, lap counter


Fair value and solid product so far (three months as of this writing).



It has a constant "on" feature, so it is always showing a count, like those old style freebie LED travel clocks and credit card calculators. There is no way to turn it off, but there is battery in the back that's easy to change out (little disc battery) and should last for at least a year.



It's a very simple and straightforward counter:



1. Hit the big black button in the center and count up or down by one for each press.

2. The little grey button on top right is the reset whenever you need to start over again. It's designed well in that you have to keep it pressed for a few seconds, so you can't have accidental resets.

3. The other little grey button on the top left is the mode to count up (+) or count down (-)

4. If you hold both little grey buttons down for three seconds you can toggle on or off a beep sound for every time you hit the black button.



I bought this because I wanted a way to keep count of customers at events; I've got it right in my cash box and it's a good, tight fit, making it easy to hit it each time I take cash from a sale.



What I like most about this item is that its understated in grey, is inexpensive, has an ability to turn off the annoying beep sound most other counters don't let you silence and came with a nice little black wrist strap that would be convenient if you wanted to take it out on walkabout. Robic M367 Digital Pitch and Tally Counter

i had bought one of these and used it for several months. This is my third type of tally counter. the first one was the traditional mechanincal one that had a steel outer covering. with regular use, the steel coating started wearing off so i had to replace it. the next one i bought was a plastic bodied mechanical hand tally counter which lasted only about 3 months before the counter mechanism started either skipping digits or just getting jammed. My next purchase was a digital tally counter from minisciences that looked and felt just like a traditional metal hand tally counter, except that this one was totally made of plastic and had a digital display. this too lasted for about 2 to 3 months before the counter button started getting less and less sensitive/ accurate. This Robic one i have used for over 3 months and have now ordered 10 more to hopefully last me atleast for the next 2 years.

I don't usually go to the trouble of writing a review unless I am really pleased or really disappointed. On this counter, to say that I'm disappointed would be a huge understatement.



On the upside, the counter is easy to hold and to use. The display is large and easy to read. However, this is of little value if the count is unreliable. As another reviewer said, it will reset at the slightest impact or vibration. I usually wear it around my neck and if I bend over and stand up the "bounce" against my chest is often enough to cause a reset. If I set it on a table, it will reset. If I take a big step or jog a few steps with it around my neck that is enough to cause it reset. Since I use this to count made/missed shots for my son's basketball practice, it is nearly useless if I reach for a rebound or move quickly to get out the way. I can only assume that this malfunction is due to poor quality rather than an intended function of the design.



This is clearly one of those times that I wished I had given heed to some of the negative reviews rather than assuming in my situation "it would work fine".



Unless your counting needs can be done without any movement or jostling, I recommend in the strongest possible way that you look elsewhere for a reliable counter.

A previous reviewer had difficulty with the set button staying set. When I

received mine I put it through its paces and it is working perfectly. The buttons have to be held down long enough that a correctly-manufactured unit will not easily change the count.

I needed the silent option and chose this counter and am very happy with it!

I bought one of these back in March of '10 and just had to get a second one due to it no longer working correctly. However, it lasted that long and was used daily in a warehouse environment to count anywhere from 300 to 600 items a day. For this price I'd say that's pretty good.

actually, this product at the beggining was so good but after some days i put it inside my backpack and i start running for 10 minutes, when i opened and i take out the counter,i realized that it stopped working. nothing appears on the screen,,, i just hear the bip and thats all - Lap Counter - Counter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


counter - counter, lap counter lap counter counter - counter, lap counter