Thursday 25 February 2010

Matte Finish - paper, matte finish


I recently picked up an Epson 3880 and have been experimenting with various Epson media. This paper is stiff enough to handle easily, give you something solid to mat, yet still multi-feed into the printer. The surface is brighter white than most of the watercolor paper I use for my ink drawings, and it creates a very nice print as a result. I don't do photo work, so I cannot comment on that, but stepping up to the ultra premium was definitely worth the price difference for fine art reproductions. There is one small problem with all of the Epson papers I've received so far. The top left corner of every stack of paper has been very slightly crunched inside the box, and the boxes have been undamaged. Apparently, something in the loading or handling process at the factory causes the problem. I notified Epson, but never heard anything back. Since I am matting my prints, which covers this very small defect, it has not deterred me from using their papers, but if you're doing a flush mount without any edge coverage, it may cause you a problem. Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte, 13 x 19 Inch, 50 sheets (S041339)

I've been a fan of this paper for years. For the price, it is amazing. The tonal range and color gamut it has is about as good as it gets on matte paper. I use it primarily for book portfolios, where the light weight is an advantage and plastic protects the delicate surface, which is prone to marring. It is also perfect for proofs that you want to mark up with notes.

BUYER BEWARE! This seller scammed me! I ordered 4 boxes of 13x19" Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper (5 star grade) as it shows in the picture but when I got them, the boxes said 11x17" Premium Presentation Paper (3 star grade)!!!



The 3 star grade is flimsy like normal generic paper, not stiffer cardstock like the Ultra Premium. Terrible, will never do business with again! - Matte Finish - Photo Paper - 11x17 - Paper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Matte Finish - paper, matte finish photo paper Matte Finish - paper, matte finish