Tuesday 16 February 2010

Jointer Knives


I have purchased many sets of these for my Jet jointer (Model JJ-6CS), which I've owned for ten years. They are about half the price some places want for the factory replacements. I have been using them for years (I believe I've purchased 8 sets). They last as well as the original blades. I've also bought the 6" x 5/8. Both seem to work equally well. I went to the 3/4" because I figured I could get another resharpen or two out of thicker blades, though with the price it's about as easy just to order new blades. Why pay full price for factory replacements? Freud typically has quality router bits and this hasn't diminished on their knives. Freud C410 6-1/8-Inch x 3/4-Inch x 1/8-Inch Jointer Knives - 3-Piece Set

These knives appear to be of excellent quality. They have an excellent finish on all surfaces. Grinding marks are almost invisible. I have several sets of various brands that are 30 to 40 years old ( back when quality was important) and these look much better. It's cheaper to buy new knives than to sharpen old ones and the quality of the sharpening is far from satisfactory. The only negative feature on the Freud blades is the burr left from sharpening. It will be an easy task to hone these which I expected I'd have to do when I ordered them. I'm sure they will perform as good as they look. I'm very pleased with these and highly recommend them.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Jointer Knives Jointer Knives Jointer Knives