Tuesday 16 February 2010

Back Pain Relief - lumbar, back support


I bought the Duro-Med Relax-a-Bac for my husband to use in his pickup truck. He travels on business and drives hundreds of miles each week which causes lower back strain. We found this product works well if used with a office chair or computer chair, but is too bulky and cumbersome when used in the pickup. Here's the problem. The Duro-Med is designed with small "wings" on the sides. The seats in the pickup truck also have this design, so that when you put the two together it makes the cushion stick out in an uncomfortable way. Also because the truck seats stick out on the sides, the cushion doesn't mold well into the back of the seat. So he uses the cushion at his computer desk, but not in the car where he really needs it.



Before buying this product, you should think about the design of the seat where you'll use it. If the seat is molded with side wings, then I would find a cushion that is flat on the sides. If the seat has a flat back and sides, then this cushion would probably work pretty well. I gave it three stars, because there is nothing wrong with the product, but it's only suited to certain seat backs. Duro-Med Relax-a-Bac with Insert and Strap, Gray

I drive over 180 miles a day! After about 2 weeks of this my back was killing me! I'm 33 and I felt like I had the back of an 80 year old. I decided I needed some kind of back support for my SUV. I read reviews and checked out all the types of support pillows for what I needed. I choose this one for the good price and good reviews. This has been my lifesaver!! All the driving I do, I think without this back support, I'd be in a dr's office once a week! I LOVE IT! I highly reccommend it for any car, it fits perfect even in my Explorer. I could tell the difference after just one commuting day! My best Amazon buy ever!

I recently purchased this lumbar support cushion as a gift for my father this past Christmas. I am a physical therapist, and have over 5 years of experience dealing primarily with the mechanics and mechanisms of low back pain and disc dysfunction. I have tried out many cushions over the years, and from my experience, this product is as good as any higher-priced product of the same intent. The composite board insert allows for a consistent shape to be maintained, so the cushion does not yield as easily to body weight over years of consistent use, and the burgundy cover is removable and washable. It is also an excellent size for the average-sized person (my dad is approximately 5'9", ~170 lbs.). It provides good side-bolster support as well for an added feeling of comfort around the outiside of the lower back. I highly recommend this cushion when placed in comparison of other similar products. Most of the other products out there that are in contention with this one are composed of unnecessary additives, like a massager, ribbing on the contours of the cushion, etc. I've found that simply maintaining good posture (not only in sitting, but all activity) allows for so much more freedom from pain and simple ease back into daily life. Again, I highly recommend this product to anyone out there searching for an answer to help alleviate low back pain; however, I must caution that commercial products are NOT a cure-all to one's problems. It's always possible to alleviate the pain and symptoms, but other steps are necessary in terms of FIXING the problem. I highly recommend seeking out professional care from a physical therapist, as it is more than likely necessary that one would need (at least) proper education and intevention to help one to get better.

This back rest works great for me and has eased a lot of my back pain; I can't sit comfortably without it anymore. I would like it better if it was taller but I usually just move it up depending on the chair i'm sitting in.

Like many people beyond the age of 50, I frequently experience some degree of lower back pain. I purchased this cushion for my chair in my office. The benefit is twofold: my back feels much better throughout the workday and I feel the amount of discomfort I experience away from work is decreased.

I have two herniated discs (L4, L5) in my lower back and went through PT during the month of December. The physical therapist stated that I needed to constantly strive to keep the curve in my lumbar supported along with exercise. I showed him this cushion and he gave his 100% approval. I used it for a month and liked it so much I got two more. One for the car, the LaZboy, and the computer chair. Why not! Look at that price! The best part is it is now the end of January and I know that I will recover thanks to exercise and the support I've been receiving when sitting and using this wonderful product.

I ordered this back support cushion because I have an uncomfortable office chair that is too deep for me, and has no lumbar support. My posture has been terrible because the chair causes me to slouch. I tried out the new Relax-A-Bac Lumbar Cushion without unwrapping it (so I could return it if needed). The second I put it on my chair, I knew it was a keeper. It fits me perfectly and instantly improved my posture by supporting my back correctly. The strap fit fine over the large chair back and keeps it nicely in place. Would highly recommend.

This is my second lumbar pillow. It's been awhile, but I could swear my first was smaller and softer. I couldn't figure out where to use this one b/c it's so big - it was pushing me off my desk chair and it didn't fit comfortably at all in my car, where I had intended to use it. I'm a small woman and wound up giving it to a very tall male friend who likes it better - he uses it at work and says it will be good for his old car, with the worn-out seats. I just found it too bulky to work well with seats that already have some side curvature inward.

I teach indoor cycling classes and work a regular office job, so between my horrible posture at my desk and all the hunching over I do on the bike, my back HURTS. After a lot of research and debating over spending extra $$$ on certain supports, I decided on this one. It is GREAT. My back aches are gone and sitting in my desk chair at work is now actually a comfort. I love it so much I bought one for my husband!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Back Cushion - Back Support - Back Pillow - Lumbar'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Back Pain Relief - lumbar, back support back pillow Back Pain Relief - lumbar, back support