Friday 22 January 2010

Magnetic Letters - alphabet, cookie cutters


We love Lauri puzzles and this one is no exception. My son is 4 and autistic and has known his uppercase letters for awhile now. This puzzle is teaching him about lowercase as well. Also good for fine motor. The only slight downside is that there are some very small pieces to keep track of. A to Z Lower Case Crepe Rubber Puzzle - Package Colors May Vary

Welp, I have to edit my review. Everything said below is still true. However, my 26 month old has consistently loved playing with this puzzle for the last couple of weeks! It is his puzzle of choice. So, while I may have found the below items to be a "negative", my toddler disagrees. He actually enjoys the little pieces that I described in #3 below (I think he finds them challenging) and loves to just touch and feel the texture of the letters. Since the puzzle is for him, I will have to defer to his "expert opinion"! ;-)



-------------------------------------------------------------



This is overall just a "decent" puzzle to have in your collection of puzzles for your little ones. A couple of things to note:



1. The puzzle I received was actually a blue background with yellow letters. Not a big deal but different from the picture online.

2. The letters are completely flush with the board. It is hard for little ones to pick up the letters by themselves.

3. The "holes" in certain letters come out with the letter. For example, the letter "b" when pulled out leaves only the outline of the letter on the puzzle board. The little "hole/circle" that makes the letter comes out with the letter. I was not aware of this and would have preferred a wooden puzzle had I known (I believe the wooden puzzles have letters where the "hole" actually stays part of the board so that your child can actually see the letter as it should be...instead of just the outline).



Instead of dealing with returning it, I just glued those pieces down to the board as a quick fix. #1 and #2 above are not a huge deal but #3 is why I gave this puzzle two stars only. When a child is learning lower case letters, they should see them as they are...not just the outline. I would have purchased a different puzzle had I known. - Toys - Cookie Cutters - Letters - Alphabet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Magnetic Letters - alphabet, cookie cutters cookie cutters Magnetic Letters - alphabet, cookie cutters