Friday 22 January 2010

Biblical Eating - junk science, bible belt


For many years now, I have been teaching classes in Biblical nutrition with a focus on freshly milled grains. I learned of this book when one of the people attending my class asked if I had read Dr. Russell's book because the rules I gave in class were in his book! I had not, but promptly got it and read it. I agree with him 100%. Believe me, in the world of nutrition, that is VERY rare! I have read many of the same books as cited in Dr. Russell's book and arrived at the same conclusions. We certainly serve an awesome God!If you wish to improve your family's health, to turn your health around, get this book and put it into practice. It is simple to do and a much less expensive way to eat.God never intended us to eat food made by man. If you will prayerfully read this book, with an open heart and mind, I know that you will be amazed at the blessings you and your family will receive. What the Bible Says About Healthy Living: 3 Principles that Will Change Your Diet and Improve Your Health

Russell shares his experience and medical knowledge with insight, and especially important for convincing the skeptics, the background information on WHY foods help or hinder our bodies.



Listed are grains and legumes, and the vital nutrients contained in them.

Listed are meats/seafood that are declared clean and unclean in the Bible, and more helpfully, the understanding of why they would be unhealthy back then and now.



The understanding and knowledge was very helpful in changing my mind about my diet. My mom always tried to get me to eat gross bread, for instance, because it was healthier. I didn't want anything to do with it. Now I am motivated to find enjoyable ways to eat healthy grains, more beans, and reduce animal fat in my diet because of God's plan for health.



Another aspect of the book is the testimonies included about adults and children recovering from ailments after changes in diet. Russell mentions many different types of ailments that doctors generally don't know what to do about, and how reducing processed sugars/flours and adding fiber through fruits and vegetables greatly helped people.



My wife's response as we read some of the book together was, "Why doesn't everybody know this?"

Indeed, if we all wanted healthy bodies, we would change our eating habits, but, we've known that for a long time. This book teaches the HOW of healthy eating.

It's a multi-billion-dollar industry: dieting. Every year, someone comes up with a new spin on the age-old question of how to stay fit. When I was growing up, we dutifully memorized our four food group chart, which was later replaced by the food pyramid. I was shocked to learn recently that the food pyramid wasn't based on true scientific research, but on government subsidy politics. So, once again, we're told to learn something new.



Thankfully, one book never changes: the Bible. That's why Dr. Rex Russell's book should be on every parent's bookshelf: it serves as a companion to God's Word, explaining in laymen's terms how to eat based on the Creator's plan. And it's chock full of warm and witty anecdotes from Dr. Russell's research and life work.



Despite our massive improvements in sanitation, nutrition, and medical research, studies show the average American's lifespan could DECREASE by as much as five years in the coming decades. Why is that? It's because we eat too much, eat the wrong things, and we're too FAT! More than 60% of adults and 30% of children are overweight or obese, putting themselves at a higher risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and a variety of other illnesses.



WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT HEALTHY LIVING is based on three simple principles: 1) Eat the foods God created for you. 2) Don't alter God's design. 3) Don't let any food or drink become your God. This book also has a chapter on fasting, which is a topic everyone needs to understand. You see examples of it throughout the Bible, but how many of us actually practice it habitually?



Dr. Russell tells the case of a nine-year-old girl with severe dyslexia who was undergoing expensive therapies and treatments, yet still couldn't read. The surprise came after she fasted a few days from having the flu. She could read! Her parents discovered her learning problems were diet-related. They learned she was sensitive to sugar, corn, white flour, margarine, honey, and other frequently eaten foods.



I think many kids who are diagnosed with ADD and other disorders could be cured through cutting processed food out of their diets and getting hours and hours of fresh air and exercise outside instead of being forced to sit still indoors. Easier said than done, of course. But it's still a lifestyle to aim for.



This is a book I bought on the recommendation of Sue Becker of the Bread Beckers in Atlanta. I try to read it once a year to remind myself of the health truths found in the Bible. It's a staple to add to every mom's shelf of cookbooks -- and gives hope to those suffering from health problems. I also like George Malkmus' Hallelujah Diet and books, though eating a mostly raw diet is tough when trying to feed kids. Still, it is something to keep in mind, and it's a diet that is Biblically based and has cured thousands from severe disease.



--Reviewed by Heather Lynn Ivester

I have been a diabetic for twenty years. My spouse was experiencing some health problems. We read this book looking for how a change in diet might help. We liked the way Dr. Russell explained both the divine wisdom and the scientific evidence behind the information he presents. He persuaded us to change WHAT we eat. Now that I eat the right foods, I eat as much as I want. My obesity is melting away (without increasing my excersize - which I still need to do!) I feel better, look better and even think better. My eye sight is improving. The quality of my life is better. My triglycerides dropped from 245 to 85 six weeks after implementing the changes even though I still eat fats, though only the RIGHT fats. I have bought multiple copies of this book and give them to everyone I know... READ THIS BOOK. YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER!!! - Biblical Eating - Bible Belt - Healing Foods - Junk Science'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Biblical Eating - junk science, bible belt junk science Biblical Eating - junk science, bible belt