Saturday 12 December 2009

Vacuum Accessories - pet brush, vacuum accessories


black lab = lots of shedding. This tool is amazing. My dog loves it when I use this on her. Unlike other tools I have tried, this doesn't tug on the fur. It is not painful to her. I was amazed at the amount of fur I had in my vacuum when finished. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that has a shedding dog. Bissell ShedAway Handheld Pet-Grooming Vacuum Attachment, 98Q1A

It's kind of big for a cat, but it works really well. The volume is adjustable and the curry style gets the hairs loose. The suction is gentle enough to not get stuck down and suck their skin but strong enough to get the hair. I use it on a Oreck cannister hand vacuum. I like this brush and so do my cats.

With two large dogs living in the house, we have furry everything! Furniture, clothing, TV, you get the picture. Because we live in South Florida, it is a chore to take the dogs outside to brush them, it's hot for them and for us. Brushing them in the house left fur flying everywhere.



I ordered the Bissell Shed Away with alot of skepticism. Even if the product worked, I worried my pups wouldn't let me near them. They are both afraid of the vacuum already. However, I bought a small canister vacuum (Eureka Ready Force Eureka ReadyForce Bagged Canister Vacuum, 900A)that allows me to adjust the suction to minimum at the same time I bought the Shed Away.



With the canister vacuum sitting about 6 feet away, and the suction set to minimum, they didn't seem to mind the noise so much and the suction was just right. The very first time I tried to vaccum them, they laid down and let me. They were both hesitant at first, but in only a few minutes they were laying bellies up and competing for the vacuuming. This really surprised me, as one of our dogs is a total wimp and very skittish, and the other is a 12 year old grumpy gal. I was able to brush them both quite well, with no flying fur! Yay! I totally think this product is worth a try.

My dog enjoyed being groomed with this item, but I didn't feel that it removed much hair. Really about the same as normal brushing. He's a lab, so not really long hair, but it just didn't get down deep enough. There was still a lot of loose hair when I was done.

I have a very large and very hairy Golden Retriever who is also afraid of the vacuum cleaner. What I did was start brushing him and then turned the vacuum on. It works great. He enjoyed it and the Bissel did a great job. No pansie brush attachment!

Highly recommend!!!

I've owned this vacuum brush for about a month now. My dog is an extremely smart female black lab/blue heeler mix. She was very scared of my Dyson vacuum at first. It took about 2 weeks of brushing every other day for her to finally not be so scared of the vacuum. I did do dog treats during the brushing.



The nozzle adapter does fit on the end of the wand of the Dyson, which is actually quite awkward. You've got the vacuum sitting there, a hose coming off to the rigid hand wand, then the rubber hose of the brush coming off the end of that. I would've like it better if the hoses attached to each other instead of through the wand. The hose coming off the brush is only about 16" long.



The brush is a higher quality brush than I'm used to. It actually gets more of the fine hairs underneath the top layer of my dog's coat. At first I didn't think it was even brushing any hair out, but I brushed with the vacuum off and sure enough there was a lot of hair building up that normally got sucked up into the vacuum.



I did have to develop my own technique for brushing. My dog's fur is not shaggy enough, so the vacuum will actually lock down on her if I put it flat. There is about 1" of airspace in the brush that they left to prevent this, I'm assuming, but it is not enough for my dog's flat coat. I have to angle the brush so it has enough air on the one side so as not to vacuum lock down on her and scare her.



If you can find an efficient way to train your dog to be around the high pitched and super sonic frequencies of your vacuum cleaner, this is a great product.

this product really does not work for our 130 lb german shepard. the suction does not work once the tool is attached. i found it much easier to use a good brush and hold the vac hose next to it to suck up the hair while i am brushing. total waste of money... does not work, though a great concept.

I absolutely love this product, and even better, so does my dog! It is amazing the amount of hair and dander that this product loosens from her coat. One feature that I really like about this product is the hose extender, because it just doesn't seem that vacuum hoses are ever long enough anymore. Buy this! You won't be sorry!!!

I purchased this for my yellow Lab who sheds non-stop this time of year. This product works as well as the brush I have been using, the only difference is that you don't have any of the mess afterward. All of the hair is sucked up in the vacuum. And for those of you who have Dyson's, all you have to do is to put a little Duct tape on one of the adapters and you will get a good seal on the end of the hose, so you don't have to attach it to the end of the wand. - Vacuum Accessories - Dog Grooming - Pet Vacuum - Pet Brush'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Vacuum Accessories - pet brush, vacuum accessories dog grooming Vacuum Accessories - pet brush, vacuum accessories