Saturday 12 December 2009

Dermatologist Recommended - skin care, sensitive skin


When I find a product to be excellent, I tend to remain loyal. I may try others, but I return to the one which continues to prove it's excellence year after year. Despite more costly products I've tried as samples, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has been my cleanser of choice for many years. I've tried a generic brand from CVS and found it to be much more slimy and thick than the real thing and gave it away to a less scrutinizing customer.



My skin and eyes are extremely sensitive and can become dry, so I am very cautious when trying new products. This one was recommended by a dermatologist and I'm very grateful for the suggestion because it meets my desires in a cleanser. It is extremely gentle, fragrance free and can be used directly on my eyes. I apply it onto my dry face, rub it all over, including the eyelids, then rinse it off and pat my face dry. Although it comes in a pump bottle, I put a little in a sample size bottle because that takes up less space in the medicine cabinet and I never have drips fall anywhere. I wash the little bottle to keep it germ free. I gave a large bottle to my sister because she was so impressed by the cleansing power, too. Her initial reaction was that it was a little slimy, but after using it as I suggested, she agreed that it is a superior product and a bargain. In all honesty, I don't know if she's returned to using CHANEL cleanser, but I am as faithful to Cetaphil as I am to Kiehl's for all other skin care products. If you too have sensitive skin, try the Kiehl's Cucumber Tonic after cleansing for a nice treat. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

Cetaphil is an amazing product. Our family has been using it for the longest time. It is not sudsy like ordinary soap which makes it very easy to rinse. You will not spend a lot of time just to remove that slippery feeling when using soaps. After you dry with a face towel, you will feel the difference on your skin. Oil is gone without you face feeling stretch dry. It is very gentle it was recommended before by my wife's derma for one of my sons when he had a skin problem. It does work as a shaving lubricant too.

I've used this skin cleanser for close to 20 years and love it!!! Very gentle, doesn't dry out skin and removes makeup wonderfully. Gentle enough to remove eye makeup too. Leaves skin moisturized and soft. Be sure not to confuse with Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser...totally different, but deceivingly similarly looking on the shelf.

My dermatologist gave me a free sample of this after being diagnosed with facial eczema. Here are the pros: gentle, non-irritating, fragrance free, won't burn even on inflamed skin.



Now the cons: contains parabens and SLS's. I won't get into why these chemicals are bad for us here, please take a moment to research those to form your own opinion. Also this cleanser has like a mucus texture to it. Kinda gross feeling.



It doesn't lather either. But it does remove make-up, and any other gook on your face.



I do pair this with Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Lotion, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2), which I do recommend highly.



Bottom line is it's gentle for even the most sensitive skin, but I'm gonna keep looking for a natural alternative that won't burn my skin.



And I'll hope Cetaphil gets with the program and removes the parabens and sulfates, as a lot of other beauty products have followed suit too.

I was refereed to this product by my dermatologist. I feel in love with it. This product was created for people with "special" skin needs aka for those with sensitive, acne, rosacea, or eczema skin. I find this product is suitable for ANYONE. It will not strip your skin of moisture (especially when you need it like in winter). It does take some getting used to. IT has been related to a snot consistency :P That is pretty accurate. It will not lather with water. I find the BEST way to use it is simply to apply it and spread it all over the area you wish to cleanse(not just for the face but neck and Décolletage) and simply wipe it off with a bath facial towel. No water needed, but optional:P Super time saving and non-messy(well not not splashy) Also important it is fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and PH balanced. This product has been around for ever, its nothing fancy or snazzy , just simply the best, time tested, and DR approved. Enjoy <3

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8.0 -Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)

I struggled for years with teen and adult acne. I tried everything out there and progressed to harsher and harsher products for what I thought was my acne prone oily skin. It's true my skin is oily, but after switching to cetaphil my skin cleared up. I apply it to my dry skin and than rinse it off with water. Amazed that something so cheap could work such wonders on my skin.

i've been skipping around different facial cleansers for the past 10 or so years, just getting a different brand every time i ran out. i've used products from neutrogena, st ives, clearasil, clean and clear, and even different types of bar soap. this is the only time i've ever bought a second bottle to continue usage (and these are pretty large!).



i love it- it's gentle enough to use on my face without water, but my skin is clear, and it doesn't even dry out. i can go a few hours without using toner or lotion, even though i've always dried out in a few minutes with other cleansers.



i'm also acne prone, but this has been fine with that. i think the mildness actually makes it better because my redness has never flared up, it's very gentle on the skin.

I've been using Cetaphil for 15 years and it is, by far, the best facial cleanser I have ever used. Yes, throughout the years I've been "persuaded" by cosmetics dealers in various department stores to switch to their brands, but, I always come back to Cetaphil. If you have super sensitive skin, as I do, this is the best product for you. I look forward to using this product for many years to come.

This product is also great for baby. I used it to bathe my daughter when she was a baby. She's 9 years old now and uses it everyday to wash her face.

This is a phenomenal product!!!! - Sensitive Skin - Skin Care - Personal Care - Cetaphil'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dermatologist Recommended - skin care, sensitive skin personal care Dermatologist Recommended - skin care, sensitive skin