Wednesday 2 December 2009

Digital Camera - travel tripod, tripod


I really like thing. I got it for my Vado HD pocket camcorder. It tips over if it's too windy, or if you put it on your dashboard for driving shots, but other than that, it's pretty stable. It's portable size and almost free price were the selling points for me. It's easy to get different angles but just so you know, it doesn't wrap around objects. It also has a little clip on the side so you can clip it to the outside of your pocket. That's a good thing because I wouldn't want to put it inside my pocket because this thing SMELLS TERRIBLE. I'm not kidding. You had to be wondering why you can buy these things for $1.35. Now you know. It smells like a combination of 'new car smell', gasoline, and tar. This thing must be toxic. It's sitting next to me on the sofa right now and I can smell its evil fumes wafting up at me. I tried washing it but it didn't help. Hopefully I can find a similar product that doesn't have this issue. Sunpak 620-786 Mini-Spider Tripod

This is my first tripod and I'm not a very experienced photographer. I've used it on a Canon PowerShot and I wouldn't recommend it for large cameras. It's been a great addition to my camera and really improves the quality of my shots and the value of the camera itself. There are many similar products. I got this one even though it was more expensive than others on Amazon because I could get free shipping.



If you're very worried about camera shake, use the tripod with the self-timer feature. I also like using the tripod to hold my small camera in my hands. Also putting my the camera in continuous shooting mode while on my dashboard during a drive produced some nice shots.



The tripod is a nice addition to a camera and its so cheap it's not worth thinking about too long. I doubt there are many differences between brands so just find the best deal.

Legs are "bendy" which makes leg use more flexible. Short height makes you adjust legs more than normal to accomodate weight imbalance of camera. If camera tripod hole was in center of camera, would be no problem. But short height makes camera not as stable. Would recommend a longer tripod.

I bought the Mini-Spider Tripod to use with a FlipHD (which suffers from shaky hand-held image quality) and I couldn't be happier. The tripod is small, adjustable, inexpensive and holds the FlipHD perfectly steady.

It's a handy little item, but make sure your camera has the mounting hole more towards the center or it may have a tendency to fall over easily. Works great when you want to get everybody in the picture and not end up with some unwanted object in the shot.

I purchased this tripod to use with a Creative Labs Pocket Camcorder. The camera is very light, so this stand works perfectly!! It may not be for you if you have a heavy camera, but great for my camcorder.

This is a great little tripod. Yes it's cheap, yes it won't hold a 10 pound camera. However, it it perfect for most average digital cameras. The flexible legs are great and adapt easily to uneven ground or can be wrapped around a small railing/branch. Would highly recommend for the typical point-and-shoot digital camera crowd.



If you have an SLR, why would you put a $1,000 camera on a $5 tripod? Serious photographers need not waste their money, but family folks will love it.

It works, and it is three dollars. I like it. It is worth noting, however, that this is identical to the Vanguard VS41 Flexible MiniTripod sold by the same business. I bought them both thinking for this price I might as well try them both. - Tripod - Flip Video - Camera Accessories - Travel Tripod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Camera - travel tripod, tripod camera accessories Digital Camera - travel tripod, tripod