Wednesday 2 December 2009

Dewalt Angle Grinder - bosch, angle grinders


I used this blade on a recent roofing job. To cut a groove in a chimney, while installing some flashing.This blade turns brick into a cloud of red dust leaving a very precise and clean cut. I was more than pleased with the results.Two thumbs up on this blade.From my experience it goes through brick like a hungry monster.I do recommend this blade highly.Now get out there and cut some bricks. DEWALT DW4701 Industrial 4-1/2-Inch Dry or Wet Cutting Continuous Rim Diamond Saw Blade with 7/8-Inch Arbor

There are dozens of ways to cut materials with varying degrees of success. If you already use the standard ones, especially a sawzall with a full set of blades you might feel you have your bases covered. But this Diamond cutting rim attached to a small angle grinder like the DEWALT D28402K makes life so much easier. I purchased one for a bathroom renovation and steam room project and needed something that would cut everything from cement board to concrete to wire mesh. This blade exceeded all my expectations. The cuts are straight and true and it eats through everything like a hot knife through butter. I found myself reaching for it to make quick cuts in sometimes cramped places and in seconds the job was done. It did some cuts that would have been impossible using anything else. If you're a DIYer you might not have considered owning a small angle grinder or a diamond saw blade in the past. But once you've used one like this Dewalt, you'll be very happy you added it to your tool arsenal.

I thought the blade worked great. I did find out after I had purchased the blade and angle grinder that they (Dewalt) recommend a 2-sided shield to attach to their grinder when using a cutting blade. I needed it for making curved cuts in 1/2" porcelain tile and I was waiting on the item to complete the job so I put on goggles, mask and ear protection and went for it. You will definitely need to wear a mask and goggles and blow out your grinder periodically with compressed air as it creates a lot of fine dust. The blade cut through the tile beautifully - I made a few passes so the blade would not have to work so hard. I had tried cutting the tile with other diamond-tipped jigsaw and rotary tool blades and nothing compares to the efficiency of this blade and the grinder.

I have used lots of grinding wheel but this is the most universal one to date. I cut off lag bolts from the floor easily. I have trimmed up some concrete and no problems. The most interesting thing is that the blade itself remains cool to the touch. I was amazed by that. Even though the bolts you cut off are red hot the blade is still cool. Nice to have such versatility in one blade.

I've been cutting through the tough concrete foundation of the house to install underground electrical service conduit. After using this one for a few hours I changed it out with a Bosch segmented blade (the kind with slots) and didn't notice much difference in the ease of deep cutting. In fact this DeWalt blade seemed to do a tiny bit better. So this is a quality blade.

Finally got around to using this blade on my angle grinder. Used it to cut through clay blocks plastered with concrete. Made over 50ft of cutting and it still works like I just took it out of the packaging. - Grinder - Diamond Blades - Angle Grinders - Bosch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dewalt Angle Grinder - bosch, angle grinders grinder Dewalt Angle Grinder - bosch, angle grinders