Thursday 5 November 2009

Weighted Gloves - ankle weights, weights


I bought 2 of these right b4 xmas so i could start my new work-out in 09 looking good. i have the 2lb and 3lb one. These are extremelly comfortable, a bit bulky at first but as you use them they sort of break in a bit and don't look as huge around your hands. They are filled with sand (as it appears to me) which makes it so comfortable around the wrists and don't feel as heavy, at least in my experience as compared to the ones filled with iron. The inside of it (the part that touches the skin) it's amazing. It is soft with a velvety towel type material which absorbs the excess water from when working out. The think that attracted me to them is that it is very stylish and very feminine (for a change) for a women fitness.

The colors i would say fit in the pastel category, they aren't as bright as the computer seems to show it.

I bought the ankle weights also (3lb one, since its my first time using ankle weights to work out in and don't want to kill myself - but had tried a few) and i have to say they have the same qualities as of the wrist weights. They are the best also, very comfortable doesn't slide up or down your ankles and the best think is that is has two slots that you can adjust to fit around your ankles which is perfect.

Overall, i love Savasa fitness equipment because of the colors and how everything you buy from the line matches with one another. The main color is grey which is a big ++ because im really kinda tired of black all the time for work-out items.

I will come back eventually for the 1 lb one to challenge myself for when i lift weights/bar (since my gym bar max lb is 12). Great work savasa, please continue on providing stylish confortable equipment fitness for women and see also if you guys can come up with a clothing line also - like pratical sports bra for women (that don't have your brests hurting afterwards) because who knows an active women best if not Savasa? That would be great if not so much to ask. Savasa for Women 6-Pound Wrist Weights with SPT Workout DVD (3 Pound Each, 6-Pound Total)

I ordered these because I thought it would be nice to be able to do aerobic workouts without holding a 3 lb weight in my hand. Also- the stretchy round weights that you slide over your hand onto your wrist have been said to either be too tight, or stretch out pretty quickly, so I though the velcro adjustable closure on these would be a perfect solution to a strap-on or slide-on wrist weight. Now...all that being said, here's my experience: I do find that these move around a bit on your wrists. The thumb hole does keep them from sliding UP your arm, but still they keep moving around, especially towards the hand no matter how tight I try to velcro them closed (not easy to velcro these tightly yourself with only your other hand). And I don't yet know how they wash, since I haven't tried to wash them (I'll do an update once I do!)- but I can see from the type of absorbant material that pretty soon you'd want to be able to wash them. I was thinking that it would have been better - from a drying/hygiene consideration and a better fit standpoint- if the material containing the weighted beads was neoprene and stretchy, versus sweatsuit cottony (which is what they are). Finally I also ordered the smaller weight sizes at the same time, but they were backordered. I'm guessing that this style may work better with a the lighter weights and will let you know if I'm right once I get them. Until then, I'm pretty neutral on these and can't really recommend.



Update 8/13/09: I did finally get these in the 1 pound size and really like them. Comfortable and DON'T move around your arm. So- I DO recommend these in the lighter weight size!

They are very comfortable and stay on your wrist with the thumbhole. I don't drop them even though my right hand is paralyzed. How cool is that? I use them for ankles too. If you are creative you can come up with different exercises and use them when you watch the telly! I've used them for months.

I am truly disappointed with this product. I purchased it based on the good reviews, and I am returning the favor so you don't buy it.



The weights are too small for my hands. I do not have overly large hands (I'm not a behemoth), however I am 5' 10", so perhaps if you are shorter and have smaller hands, they will fit well.



The weights came with no instructions, only a "miniature" CD, one that does not work with my mac.



I tried putting them on several time several different ways (and no I do not have left and right mixed up). I kept looking at the tiny picture on the box to see if I had it right. I eventually settled on a fit that cut off the circulation to my thumbs and looked very awkward, and based on the tiny picture and my above average IQ, I am fairly sure it was correct.



The weights, when on, stick out about an inch from your hand. The velcro is not secure enough to keep the weight snugly in place once you start moving your arm, and that is, after all, the point. I was expecting them to fit like a wrist guard you might wear while roller-blading with extra bulk around the shell. Not the case at all.

I wouldn't consider my wrists to be any smaller than average and these wrist weights are impossible to get tight enough. I think there's an insufficient amount of Velcro on them. Other than that, they're fine.

I was hoping to use these during step aerobics to give myself some arm resistence. I bought the 2-pounders. They are very cute. But they are bulky so there is no way to really secure them well around the wrist. During aerobics movements they slide and jerk around like crazy. The thumb loop doesn't actually help much. In fact it gets away and annoys my thumb tendons. I returned to my ugly old weights that just velco on tight around the wrist.



These are probably fine for slower movements like toning or speed walking with arm weights. But they're not good for air punching, etc. - Ankle Weights - Exercise - Wrist Weights - Weights'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weighted Gloves - ankle weights, weights ankle weights Weighted Gloves - ankle weights, weights