Tuesday 3 November 2009

Washcloths - baby, spasilk


I needed small washcloths to clean my LO's bottom for cleaning up during diaper changes. I thought the 100% cotton ones couldn't be beat (from the spa silk towel and washcloth set), then I purchased a set of these to try out. LOVE THEM!!! These are great for cleaning baby's bottom - use a wipe to get the major stuff, then use these washcloths (soaked in warm water and wrung out) to get the detailed work done. The are small and thin enough to get in the nooks and crannies, but absorbent enough to retain enough moisture to be effective. They have a soft side and a "rougher" side. Terrific. I'll probably eventually start using in the bath, but they are terrific for diaper changes right now. I purchased two more packs to make sure I have enough on hand. Well worth it for my use! Highly recommended for this use! Spasilk 10 pack Soft Terry Washcloth, Yellow

I just purchased these simple wash cloths based on previous reviews from those using them as baby bottom wipes. Previously I was using homemade flannel wipes which I found to hold too much water and I constantly felt like I was wiping my daughters bottom with dry cloth. These wash cloths however don't retain a ton of the baby wipe solution, are nice and soft and are just the right size. I was worried that they might seem a bit crusty after they came out of the dryer the first time but sure enough they softened right up as soon as I stuck them into my Wipes warmer (...)

I made my own baby wipe solution using the following recipe

3 cups water

2 tsp Baby wash (...)

1/8th tsp Nipple nurture butter (...)

2 tsp Vegetable glycerin (...)

I filled a 1 Quart canning jar with hot water, added the remaining ingredients and gave a quick shake to mix. Now I just keep it on the changing table and can simply poor in a little every time I refill my warmer with wipes. Also I removed the sponge that came with the warmer and have had no issues with mildew. I just refill my warmer every other day with wipes.

I love that all of the above products are completely cruelety free, chemical free and vegan so I don't have to worry about grabbing a wipe to clean up our daughters hands and face unlike commercial baby wipes. Also Lavendar essential oil which is so common in most baby wipe formulations is a hormone disruptor and should not be used on babys skin.

The prints are cute but the 80/20 cotton to poly ratio means that these washcloths are thin and not absorbent. I bought this item with the matching pack of 3 hooded towels; similarly unimpressed with that item. Disappointing after reading the great reviews on other Spasilk products.

We bought two packages and thought it was too much for our newborn. However, we go through them so quickly! We do laundry every other day and still we use these all the time. They are great for spit up, mopping up after baby, washing her--everything!

We got the yellow wipes for our cloth diapered baby since we discovered it is much more practical to use cloth wipes when cloth diapering, not to mention less wasteful and more effective than disposable wipes (I never need more than one cloth wipe per change, compared to two or three disposables). I refuse to pay 2 bucks a pop for fancy cloth wipes when baby washcloths are so inexpensive, but I did not like the thick border around other baby washcloths because it makes it harder to maneuver around all the tiny baby parts and crevices. These however have a thin border seam and are very soft and thin with a smooth side and a textured side, so they make ideal wipes. They have only been through the wash about 5 times now, but seem to be well made and holding up just fine. We use the Prince Lionheart Warmies wipe warmer which is PERFECT for cloth wipes and far superior to another brand of wipe warmer we had before. It actually gets the wipes warm and it holds all 10 washcloths with plenty of room for more. The Warmies wipes are a joke though. Fell apart after 1 wash. These are MUCH better. We also make our own solution with water, witch hazel and a drop of Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion. I plan to order the blue set of washcloths to have extras. Great buy!

We use cloth diapers (Bumgenius) and I bought these cloths as reuseable butt wipes. They go into the pail and then the laundry with the diapers. They're very absorbent, they can take a beating (double rinse hot wash three times a week!), they're soft, and they're pretty cute. For our purposes they're perfect!

Do NOT spend your money on other products specifically made for cloth diaper wipes; these are thin, a nice texture, soft and perfect to use in a wipe warmer with your favorite cleansing solution. A bargain. Easy to wash, either by hand or machine. A good size.

Surprisingly, these washcloths are not just for babies. I bought them strictly for my face. I have sensitive skin and my face really can't handle hard materials (like regular washcloths). They are great for washing your face and removing face masks. No matter how hard you scrub, the washcloth will get the job done without being harsh to delicate skin. Also, after you wash and dry them, they are still soft and stainless.



For a 10 pack, the price is cheaper than the normal 7 or 8 pack. And the material holds up really well compared to some similar priced/cheaper quality brands. I'm very pleased!

I ordered these for my newborn. 10 of them in the pack, which is great, I never run out, even when I use 2 washcloths at a time. one to put on the baby's tummy to keep her warm and the other one to wash her. I love these because they are thin and gets in the nooks and crannies. and have 2 sides - 1 terry side and the back is soft/jersey-ish which i use for the face. - Baby Gift - Spasilk - Baby Bathing And Grooming - Baby'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Washcloths - baby, spasilk baby Washcloths - baby, spasilk