Friday 20 November 2009

Pretend Play - melissa and doug, pretend play


This toy gets 4 stars because after 1 day my daughter broke out the wooden divider, and the extensive pieces.My daughter loves this toy! It is one of her favorite play foods, and I am about sick of pizza! There are quite a few pieces to the set and I would not recommend this for a household where elements of toys are easily destroyed or lost. The velcro attaches easily.This is a great toy to begin teaching counting and fractions. We also own the Cutting Food Box by Lights, Camera, Interaction. We were initially introduced to these great toy products by my aunt who teaches violin. She uses these toys to explain musical notation and fractions. The utilization of this toy for introductory math has been invaluable for teaching our daughter. Sometimes we don't realize how much she understands these concepts. The parts hold up extremely well to the 2 1/2 year old age group, but I must reiterate - these are not for a family that doesn't not keep up with parts to games or toys. It is also a toy that is best used with hands-on adult expaination. The most educational experience can be derived that way (I guess, as with all things in life.)What is especially fun is when she mixes the 2 toys together and I get a slice of pizza with a carrot or watermelon slice on it. Melissa & Doug Pizza Party

This is a great toy, it is lots of fun, but I must admit, if it weren't for the fact I found it at TJ MAXX for about 75% less than most stores, I would never have bought it. My son loves "cutting" the pizza and serving it to us. He even uses the green pizza tray like a try at a restaurant and takes our orders. He has learned about pepper, pepperoni and mushrooms, but I don't think that is a skill we really need to work on. Beware the paint chips off very easley, as with most Melissa and Doug toys. I went to Papa Johns and told them about my son's pizza toy and they happily gave me a real pizza box for him to play with.

THIS TOY SURPASSED MY EXPECTATIONS. NOT ONLY IS IS VERY CUTE BUT THE IMAGINATION THAT MUST HAVE GONE INTO CREATING THIS TOY. MY 3 YEAR OLD LOVES IT. IT COMES WITH A PIZZA CUTTER AND SEVER. PLUS IT COMES ON A STURDY DURABLE PIZZA PLATE. THERE ARE 6 SLICES OF PIZZA THAT YOU CAN ATTACH 3 TOPPINGS ON EACH PIECE HELD TOGETHER BY VELCRO. THERE ARE 54 TOPPINGS CONSISTING OF PEPPERONI, MUSHROOM, & PEPPERS. I THINK I LOVE IT MORE THAN MY CHILD. BUT THEN AGAIN I LOVE ALL OF "LIGHTS, CAMERA ,& INTERACTION TOYS. I BUY THEM ALL THE TIME.

My daughter played with this toy at her cousins house and just loved it! I had seen a lot of the Melissa & Doug toys online but never in person. My sister in-law told me she got it at TJ Maxx so I went there to get one for my daughter. It was $12 or $14 and of course there was no shipping charge. Very durable high quality toy.

Anyone who owns any Melissa and Doug toys knows that they are educational, fun and DURABLE! This pizza set is no exception. Kids love to "cook", and this is a great way for them to do it. It can be a super-helpful toy if Mom or Dad needs a minute to cook dinner and wants to occupy the children and keep them out from underfoot while they do it.... set them up at the table and let them make a pizza! Heck, even let them put it on the table and "serve" it with dinner!



These toys are so worth the cost... which is relatively cheap, if you think about the fact that these will never break and they'll be played with for much longer than other skimpy plastic toys. Treat your kids to this great playset made with quality long-lasting materials. Wonderful!

My son as several of these at his day care and they are consistently popular with both boys and girls. The kids like to share the pieces of pizza with the teachers and other kids, so its great for cooperative play.

This product is a high quality product. This toy stimulates gross motor skills and the love for kitchen stuff. My daughter will play with it for hours and she loves the real cutting action and then velcroing them back together. This product is used by alot of Occupational Therapist with small children. The downfall is picking up all the pieces but it is worth it since both my 5 year old and 3 year old play with for hours on end. They serve us more Pizza than any other kitchen toys they have.

I seek out this company because everything we have ever received from them is top notch. Really well constructed, fun, and encouraging creative play. My only quarrel with this project is that it is not well-contained: envision pizza parts all over your living room. I'd suggest putting away the extra pieces and waiting until the few you've kept out become lost before bringing out more. Otherwise, though, a great toy.

This is a fantastic toy that my son has enjoyed for a couple of years now. With this and the Melissa and Doug Birthday cake, we have pretend birthday parties for his stuffed puppy at least once a week. - Pizza - Melissa And Doug - Pretend Play - Melissa  doug'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pretend Play - melissa and doug, pretend play melissa and doug Pretend Play - melissa and doug, pretend play