Friday 20 November 2009

Compact Pen - space pen, pen


This is a great pocket pen that is surprisingly easy to dent. Oddly, even with (mostly) solid brass construction coated with the notoriously ultra-durable Titanium Nitride coating, after dropping it (admittedly on concrete) it is dented. It rides in my pocket with my keys all day and has no scratches though so the finish is very tough.



I imagined this pen, especially in it's "bullet' form, to be nearly indestructible. It does have a very tough finish, but unfortunately, it will dent, and then that durable finish is deformed. Not scratched, but deformed.



I admit to nit-picking, but it is the only flaw I've found after months of ownership. Don't drop it on concrete and it will remain immaculate.



Oh, and it writes good too. Fisher Space Pen, Bullet Space Pen, Black Titanium Nitride (400BTN)

I had been using a similar model, silver finish with a clip, for several years and was quite happy with it. Then I misplaced it and needed a replacement.



The finish on this one is better for me, not quite as bright and shiny, and the lack of a clip makes it fit better into my pocket without a chance of scratching my phone.



...and of course it has the same consistent, smooth ink flow as all the space pens do, regardless of writing position. In short: recommended.

A critical item to remember is to place the cap onto the end of the pen to ad extra length, these are enjoyable to write with. I haven't done the replacing of the ink inside of the pen yet so I don't know about the process of replacing the ink at this time. During the act of carrying this pen it's easy to forget the pen does exist with the item preventing scratches being a nice finish on the surface.

This was my second Space Pen. They are the greatest. There are no parts to break, it writes on anything, anywhere and whether closed or open it is just the smoothest-looking pen around. AND it fits in a pants pocket!!

It's called a Space Pen and it's just as awesome as the name suggests. I love the coating because it looks good and doesn't make your hands smell like metal, it fits easily in my pocket and it writes so much more consistently even than the other pens I've used in the last 20 years. The only thing I would change is the color of the ink I've got, but that's such a small thing it's almost not worth mentioning. - Pen - Space Pen - Bullet Pen - Fisher Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Compact Pen - space pen, pen space pen Compact Pen - space pen, pen