Sunday 1 November 2009

Mechanical Scales - mechanical scales, good value


I've had 3 digital scales that quit working after only a couple of years, so I went back to the dial scale and I love it. Maybe it doesn't register every quarter pound, but it's cheap and as accurate as my last digital and I don't have to put batteries in it every other week; a big gain to my mind. Health o Meter SAB602-05 Dial Scale, Black with Silver Accent

I purchased this because of the price and the convenience of not having to change the battery! Scale is accurate - matches my doctor's scale. However, if you are looking for an exact reading without having to count tick marks, this scale would not be for you.

I do not reccomend this scale, as it is not accurate. For example, I will get on the scale and it will go to whatever number, I'll get off and get back on it will show a different number. It is off by upto 5 pounds. I am contantly reajusting the scale to zero. So to sum things up, I have no idea how much I really weigh.

This is a good scale - the dashes are very tiny so it is hard to read the exact weight from a standing position, but you can tell within a pound or two what it reads. It is accurate because I weighed myself before going to the doctor and the reading agreed to the doctor's scale. It also looks nice. I would recommend this if you are looking for an inexpensive non-digital scale and don't mind if it is hard to read the exact weight to the pound.

I just wanted a basic inexpensive and accurate scale, nothing fancy, and although the reviews were mostly mediocre I liked the way it looked and bought it anyway. When it arrived I found the quality to be much lower than what I expected...the platform was a hard plastic that did not feel sturdy when I stepped onto it; it felt very cheap, as if it were going to break. The scale was accurate for the first few days, but on about the 5th day my weight was about 20 lbs. off. I am dieting, but there's no way I could have lost 20 lbs. in less than a week. It's a good looking scale, but it feels cheap, not sturdy and not well made. I ended up buying a scale twice the price of this one; it's been about two weeks, and so far so good.

Upon receipt of this scale, I weighed myself 4 times in a row (within a span of five minutes) & the readings varied by as much as 20 lbs.



Each time I stepped off, the scale had to be zeroed again. I don't believe the dial was able to move freely.

Yes, the scale is cheap. I figured it would be good enough for me, since I don't need tenth-of-a-pound accuracy, but this scale just doesn't work. I got a different weight every time I stepped on it. I think the needle that marks the weight sticks. Thank you, Amazon, for your easy return policy. - Accurate - Weighing Scale - Good Value - Mechanical Scales'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mechanical Scales - mechanical scales, good value accurate Mechanical Scales - mechanical scales, good value