Sunday 1 November 2009

Laptop Battery Chargers


I ordered this product from Osprey Talon nearly six months ago. I bought it becuase it was a very good price when compared to the Toshiba made brand. Also, the product comes with a year-long warrantee. so I thought, hey-you can't go wrong.



After only several months of use, the metal piece that connected the adapter to the computer snapped off. i contacted osprey talon and they replaced the adapter with hardly any delay. but two months later, my new adapter started to come apart. all of the wiring connecting each piece started to come loose and eventually the adapter stopped working. when i contacted osprey talon a second time asking for a replacement, they told me they would issue me a refund. i responded to them, sent them the faulty adapter and clearly stated, in both an email as well as in writing with the adapter itself that i did not want a refund, but i wanted a replacement. two days later, osprey talon issued me a refund as well as an email confirming that the refund had been made.



This is poor service, poor equipment quality, and the only redeeming factors about this product is that it ships quickly and that you get a warrantee (that needs to be acted upon every few months due to the poor quality of the product). NEW AC Adapter/Power Supply for Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 A205 P205

NEW AC Adapter/Power Supply for Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 A205 P205



I was skeptical having read the reviews posted by others that stated that the power supply ran hot, even one who said he had a short in his (after 3 years of use). I figured I would give it a try for $20 if it lasted 3 years, I would get my money's worth out of it. The power supply does not get even close to as hot as the one that came with my laptop. It works great (so far). Definitely worth the money.

The cord is short and I had it for about 30 days before the cord started to fray and within 45 days it stopped working. I guess that is why they are so inexpensive. Spend the extra money and get a higher quality adapter.

Ordered this a couple months ago, and we're already having trouble with the wire. Both the brick and the wiring seem to be overly heavy -- we take reasonably good care of it, but the rubber pulls away from the brick and exposes the wiring.



Edited to add: after a few months, the cord has died -- the plug came off the wire completely. Huge waste of money.

Well it worked fine for a little while. Failed after 2 months. I shouldn't have expected too much from such a cheap power adapter. I also found the length of the cord to be too short for many usage scenarios. It's about 41 inches from the power brick to the plug that connects to the laptop. Many times the power brick was suspended in the air, which probably added to it's early failure. Sometimes it would not produce power even though everything was connected correctly. Not sure what that was about. I would recommend looking into a different AC adapter before trying this one if possible. You get what you pay for.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laptop Battery Chargers Laptop Battery Chargers Laptop Battery Chargers