Monday 16 November 2009

Laminating Machines


I purchased this laminating machine in a store, but wanted to give a definite positive review! I have had this machine running since I got it, and just love it! It's simple to use, works wonderfully and doesnt' take up a ton of space. I have a special needs toddler, who uses picture cards to communicate her needs, and this has made over 100 PECS cards for her book, and now she's even taking them to Pre-k to use them as well! Wonderful machine that is making my little one's life so much better! I am also having tons of fun using it for my small business for price lists and advertising! Great little machine! Scotch Thermal Laminator 15.5 Inches x 6.75 Inches x 3.75 Inches, 2 Roller System (TL901)

This is a great little laminator, and I've used it even more than expected. But during a momentary lapse of reason, I tried to use a partial pouch - one that was not sealed on the bottom. They tell you not to do it, but I did anyway. Everything disappeared into the machine, and didn't come back out. It didn't look like I could open it up without destroying it, so I called their 800 number. They were so nice, and they sent me a mailing label to ship it back for free. They said that if they could fix it, they would do so and send it back. If they couldn't, they would send me a new one. All free of charge - which is incredible since it was my own fault for doing what they said not to do. I just got a new one in the mail. I only paid $30 for this, yet they replaced it free of charge when I messed it up. You just can't do any better than that!

Good all-purpose laminator for the price. Needed to run through a couple of times for thicker sheets. But I am happy with the product. I laminated 75 schedule cards in a row without a breakdown. A good deal.

I've been using a small card size thermal laminator to make cards, bookmarks and jewelry with for a few years now. A friend of mine gave me this one for my birthday as an upgrade.

I love it. It takes about 10 minutes to be ready and has an indicator light to show it's hot enough. A double roller system sends your document through the laminator smoothly at the right speed.

It's built for 3mm and 5mm lamination pouches which is fine for home and home office use.

If you do get a jam, the unit has a release button to pull out the document and unjam the machine.

It's very simple to use, intuitive but it also is illustrated with how to feed your document in as well. You put whatever your laminating into a sleeve then put it into the paper feed in the back of the machine.

There are 2 heat settings. One for 3mm and one for 5. It handles US Letter sized items easily.

Possible craft uses:

I use mine for jewelry, cutting out small images and sealing them into small pouches for less waste. After lamination, cut around the image leaving a margin of the clear laminate, use a small punch to make a hole and attach to jump ring

bookmarks- pressed flowers make wonderful mementos of special days out

recipe cards

dry erase boards

use in duct tape crafts with nice images. A couple comic book pages laminated can be taped together to make a very unique purse.

It's a good home laminator for home office and craft use.

Because of the 10 minute warm up time, I recommend having a few projects ready to go at a time so you can just do them all at once after the unit is heated.

I snagged this bad boy on a Lightning Deal for 20 bucks this weekend. It arrived yesterday (thank you Amazon Prime!). As soon as I got it, I set it up and used it a few times and I must say, I'm very, very impressed. This is easily worth the full price, so even more excited I got it for 20 bucks. Setup took less than a minute ... just take it out of the box and snap the feeder tray into place. That's it! Heating up took appx 5 minutes. I fed a couple items through and it is absolutely silent. I mean NO noise whatsoever when it's laminating. It autofeeds the item through and takes less than 30 seconds to spit it out the other side. The laminating looked very professional. I could not be happier with this purchase. Highly recommend!

I purchased one of these Scotch thermal laminators at Walmart. I've been very pleased, and have used it frequently to laminate things for my classroom. I recommend this one. I've not been using the Scotch brand pouches, but rather the ones I can get from Sam's Club, about 200 for about $20. They work really well. I do not recommend cutting into the pouches before you laminate. I tried that, and almost messed up my laminator. (The directions tell you not to do that, but the temptation to squeeze the most good out of a pouch got to me. Just don't try it.) The laminator is a good one.

I did not buy this from this seller. However, I love this laminator. Most are far more costly than this one. This one is great for personal use. I laminate pictures, my daughter's art projects, etc. It does take about 3 minutes to be "ready" but for the price that is fine with me.

It does laminate - it does take one or two rotations through the laminator to ensure it stays, once through though, the lamination sheets would come back apart. Also, I get a TON of air bubbles, and I use the Scotch brand laminating pockets. So, I haven't really laminated much except when necessary as it hasn't really worked as well as I was expecting and what I've experienced with some other more expensive Fellows Laminators for work.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laminating Machines Laminating Machines Laminating Machines