Monday 16 November 2009

Blackberry Curve - curve, 8330


Made a decision early this year to pick up a new BlackBerry Curve 8330 as a better method of communicating with clients and family. Had seen reviews that averaged 4.4 out of 5, so it seemed to be a decent choice. This turned out to be one of the best decisions made this year, as the BlackBerry turned out to be far better than expected... it was faster than my previous phone, reliable, versatile and rugged, and there were few dropped calls. But the phone had one simple problem: it's a battery eater!



Went to my cell phone provider to see about getting an extra battery, and was surprised to find that the standard 1000 mAh OEM Lithium Ion battery cost was almost $45.00. That seemed a bit steep, so I began searching here on Amazon.com and found this Blackberry Li-Ion [OEM] C-S2 Battery. Was cautious because of the extreme price difference, but figured that if it was truly an OEM C-S2 battery, it was worth the gamble.



Examined it when it arrived, and found that it not only had the original BlackBerry logo, but was marked C-S2 on the face, the correct version for my phone (and many other BlackBerry models). The back listed it as a Lithium Ion Battery, 3.7V, with a capacity of 1150mAh 4.3Wh... identical to my original battery. So it was charged overnight, as had done when the phone was first received with the original battery.



It was good choice, as the battery has been a perfect backup to my original. It has function just the same as the original C-S2 battery, and there seems to be no difference. Went on to buy a second backup, just because it seemed to be a good idea for those "better safe than sorry" situations. Must admit that I do use the built-in GPS quite a bit, and that along with frequent 'Net access, probably accounts for my need of extra battery power. Might note that I picked up an External Battery Charger For Blackberry 8300 8320 8330, which has been the perfect compliment to these batteries.



One might note that the prices on the BlackBerry C-S2 OEM batteries seem to vary quite a bit here, but most seem to come in well under $7.00... far less that what the cell phone retailers are charging. Do your searching here on Amazon.com and you'll find some excellent prices on these.



If your battery seems to not last as long as the original specs for the BlackBerry stated, you can argue with the retailer... or waste far less time and get one of these C-S2 OEM batteries here. Giving it a 5-star rating without any hesitation at all. NEW BLACKBERRY OEM C-S2 BATTERY Curve 8530, 8700, 8700c, 8700f, 8700g, 8703

I ordered three of these batteries as backups for our Blackberry Curves. The two I ordered in November, 2010 were just as advertised and have worked find. Today I received the three advertised as "new" but none of them worked. Two were clearly remanufactured while the third may have been original.

I didn't get my items in the promised delivery window. There was a tracking number attached to the email but it really couldn't track my shipment. After the promised delivery date, still I didn't get my items. After that, I emailed to ship them right away at their expense or track the order and I got the items 3 days after at their expense. Customer service was good though even though they couldn't track down my order... - Blackberry Battery - 8330 - Curve - 8300'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blackberry Curve - curve, 8330 8300 Blackberry Curve - curve, 8330