Tuesday 17 November 2009

Picture Hanging Materials - hanger, hooks


I was skeptical these 3M poster strips could hold a 60x40 inch poster but they really worked! I did probably overkill it though and used more than suggested but with such a large poster I wanted to make sure it didn't bow in the middle or sag.



I used 4 rows of 6 strips along the top, bottom and two rows in the middle. And so far so good. Looks to be on the wall quite well and I feel confident it'll stay on the wall until I decide to take it down. I can't wait to try these on other things too. I bought several packages of different sizes and even checked out the video on the manufacturer's website. Interesting concept to never hang anything with nails again. Makes redecorating easier and friendlier to your walls too. And living in earthquake country, it just might stay on the wall better too. But given that, I'll be using extra to make sure!



Removing the strips is as easy as it says too. Just pull on the tab and it comes right off. I put one of the strips in the wrong spot on the poster and was easily able to remove it without damaging the paper. Just be aware that one side is meant to be stuck to the wall and the other to paper. It's marked with red lettering on one side and black on the other so just be sure to get it right and you'll be fine.



Like I said, I was skeptical but I'm sold on these 3M Poster Strips. I'll definitely buy more and intend to use them on everything from this point forward!



Final suggestion -- be sure to buy the value packs. It's more cost effective. 3M Command Poster Adhesive Strip Value Pack

There are 48 little stickers in this package. Each sticker has about 1/2"x1" sticky surface. They work just like the Command stickers that have hooks, but no hook - you stick it directly to your poster, then the other side to the wall. Be sure you follow the directions and apply pressure for 30 seconds when you mount your posters. After fussing with double-sided foam stickers, and having things fall off the painted cinder-block walls on a regular basis, these seem to be working quite well. Nothing has fallen down yet!

I've had the same experience as the other users with this product. I've used and trusted 3M products for most of my life, and was always curious about the mounting strips. I was leery that they would work as well as people say.



But after mounting several very large, heavy posters (non-framed of course), I'm a believer. The strips went on easily. We followed the instructions and applied pressure in the correct spots for the amount of time suggested, and the posters are nice and solid on the wall. I have no doubt they'll stay up for a long, long time.



I had to test the removability, though, since that's one of the major features of these strips. On one of the posters after a few days, I removed a strip following the instructions, and darned if it didn't come off just as advertised! Go 3M!



If you have posters and want to make sure you don't damage your walls, these strips are definitely the way to go!

These tiny adhesive strips work pretty damn well. I'm not entirely sure as to how much weight they can effectively hold, but I have been using them for posters and small, light, white erase boards. They don't leave a mark upon removal, and stick quite well. Also, a package of these contains a crap-ton of strips.

I'm highly disappointed in this product. I have used other command products before with out issue. I bought this in September and have tried it twice, following the instructions exactly. The first time the picture fell. It didn't even last 30 secs on the wall. The second time I doubled the number of strips. This time the picture stayed up for less than 5 mins.

I used this product on three large posters and applied them directly to vinyl walls. Instructions say to use rubbing alcohol to clean the wall before applying the poster, so I did that. The posters have been on the walls for a month - no problems.

I'm a big fan of 3M Command products. And while this product is vastly superior to the thumbtack or sticky putty methods of mounting, I can't recommend this for any "valued" artwork/posters. During removal, I've torn or wrinkled the corners of posters while pulling that tab---even with applying enough pressure against the print.

I print a lot of high quality glossy photos of bands to decorate my walls with and these poster strips work perfect. They stay on really good (better than anything else I could buy) and they remove very easily unlike most other means of hanging stuff up. There also great for posters. I used 12 on my two big posters and they hold great. What's really amazing is how many strips you get at such a low price. I ended up running out thanks to all the photos I've been hanging up, so I ordered two more of these (almost 100 strips) for a very cheap price.

Currently using this in dorms.



since in the dorms you pay for any damages to the wall, these are great because it hasnt damaged the wall yet!



make sure you pull the strip about six inches down when removing. follow the instructions and you shouldnt have any damage.



cheaper posters will eventually wear thin from this so be careful. - Picture - Picture Hanging Materials - Hanger - Hooks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Picture Hanging Materials - hanger, hooks hooks Picture Hanging Materials - hanger, hooks