Monday 23 November 2009

Interior Design Reference - interior design books, art books


If you wish to pursue a successful career as an interior designer, or you are keen to develop your interest in this field, my advice to you is to buy this book. Buy it, read it, and make it your good friend! Whatever your background, this course will encourage your individual creativity and help you to explore and further your own design ideas.

I am a student in The Metropolitan Institute of Interior Design, a career changer with English as a second language. I have read some interior design educational books before, but none of them gave me as much knowledge, nor inspired me to approach the subject with as much enthusiasm and passion as this book by Susan Slotkis. Foundations of Interior Design

Susan Slotkis' Foundations of Interior Design is a gem of a book. More than just the basics, Ms. Slotkis' book includes critical details: from the historic backgrounds of furniture styles to color theory to the essentials of running an interior design business. And, the photographs and illustrations--many from Ms. Slotkis' own work as a practicing interior designer--support the concepts presented in the text. This book is a must for everyone who is passionate about interior design and wants to learn more.

I took a class at FIT with Susan Slotkis for which she required this book. I gave me such a great introduction to interior design and its components that it definitely had an impact in my life. Now I'm studying Interior Design and I love it. This book is my bible. thanks Susan!



Joanna Ramirez

"Foundations of Interior Design" is an instrumental key for designers, design students and design enthusiasts all the same. This must-have handbook explores the profession from the inside-out, giving a vast overview of interior design as a whole yet delving into just the right amount of significant detail. Slotkis' style perfectly simplifies even the most intricate of information while providing plenty of helpful visuals along the way. Its title certainly rings true, for the "foundation" Slotkis lays for interior design is by far a solid one.

This well written, comprehensive, book on design has been an inspiration to me. I thoroughly enjoy referring to it again and again. I would recommend this book to anyone who is considering the design field, or who enjoys design simply for the pleasure of it!

This is a great reference book on interior design! It covers all the subjects of an interior design that a degree program would cover: design theory, color theory, history of design, business practices etc...(it's also a great source for the interior design vocabulary!)

I am an interior design student and this is the first place I go to when I need to research some aspect related to the design field.



And I just know it - it'll be my much used resource when I am out of school and working in the field.

This is one of the few textbooks I saved to keep for reference after completing design school. Very enjoyable to read, and easily digested. This was the textbook used for my business practices course, but I wish I knew about it earlier- there are chapters that would have been extremely helpful for coursework in studio, lighting design, survey of interior design, and others. It is a very comprehensive book, but is written in a way that makes the information easy to take in, and not at all overwhelming. Format is easy to follow, and there are great visuals on every page. I highly recommend this book!

Foundations of Interior design by Susan Slotkis is an in depth study of Interior Design and should be in every designers library and used by design students as a reference and guide, both in the classroom and after.

Foundations is more than a textbook. It is an easy and fascinating read for anyone interested in interior design as a hobby or career. It should be required reading for every interior design student and professional. As a former student of the author, I could hear Susan Slotkis' voice as I read from the pages of the book. If you can't have her for a professor, this book is the next best thing. - Architecture - Interior Design Reference - Interior Design Books - Art Books'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Interior Design Reference - interior design books, art books architecture Interior Design Reference - interior design books, art books