Monday 5 October 2009

Extension Cords - electric snow blower, coleman cable


Love the blue color, love the lightup plug, love how rugged this cord.



I used it so far with my Toro Super Blower (leaf blower) and ...go figure 2 weeks later....with my Toro Snow Electric Snow Thrower.



My last cord must have been inappropriate because, with this cord, I have so much more power. I noticed it with my leaf blower...so much more powerful using this cord. Heavy duty cord.



Buy it...you won't be disappointed. Home Depot charges double the price for similar cord. Coleman Cable 02469 14/3 SJTW Low-Temp Outdoor Extension Cord with Lighted End, 100-Foot

Toro 18-Inch Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower (#38381) = 15 Amp motor



Coleman Cables Low-Temp Outdoor Extension Cord Amp Ratings (from the manufacturer):

Coleman Cables 12/3, 50 ft = 15 Amp

Coleman Cables 12/3, 100 ft = 15 Amp

Coleman Cables 14/3, 25 ft = 15 Amp

Coleman Cables 14/3, 50 ft = 15 Amp

Coleman Cables 14/3, 100 ft = 13 Amp ***



***13 Amps IS NOT ENOUGH for the Toro Power Curve Snow Thrower (#38381), creating a FIRE HAZARD.



I hope that this information helps to prevent any future fires and frustration to keep everyone safe this winter season.



Thanks for looking,

Sean

Similar wires sell for much more at local hardware stores, so for $40 this is a great value. I did not notice an increase in power compared to when I was using my other lower quality wires, however it does do much better in low temperature. Overall, an excellent buy.

Check before you buy the Coleman Cable 02469 14/3 SJTW Low-Temp Outdoor Extension Cord with Lighted End, 100-Foot for uses with the Toro 1800 (38381) Power Curve Snow Thrower as recommended by Amazon. The 100' Extension Cord is rated at 13amps and the blower is rated at 15amps, so the cord may or may not handle the load of this blower. That maybe the reason for some of the fires that have been reported with this cable. The 50' Coleman Cable is rated at 15amps so it seems to be the right one for this blower.

This cord lasted only 4 uses. On the 5th use it caught on fire and burned my $90 Toro leaf blower. On the packaging there are the words "LIFETIME WARRANTY" but when I contacted Coleman Cable they said that their warranty is only good for items that didn't work at all, not for items that failed after use (sounds like an excuse). So I lost $40 on the cord and $90 on the leaf blower.



Stay away from this product and stay away from Coleman Cable!

I ordered this cord with a Toro 1800 Electric Curve Snow Thrower. The second time that I cleared my driveway, I smelled smoke. The plastic plug from this extension cord that was plugged into my snowblower was melting and burning! The snow on the driveway was about 3" of light powder, not heavy wet snow. The snowblower was handling it well. The plastic used for this plug is unsafe for use with outdoor equipment.

After doing lots of online research I bought this extension cord and can only say it is the best I have encountered in the last 66 years! Not only is the blue color a refreshing change from the several hundred feet of orange-colored cords I already own, it is without a doubt the most supple cord I have ever used. Finally, I found the lighted plug is a real safety feature; reminding to unplug it when I am through working.

MY ITEM ARRIVED ON TIME & IN GOOD CONDITION.I ALSO PURCHASED A TORO SNOW BLOWER WITH THIS POWER CORD.THE

TEMPRATURE HERE WAS -5deg. & THE CORD REMAINED FLEXABLE

THE ENTIRE TIME OF CLEARING THE DECK & DRIVEWAY OF 10"

OF SNOW.I WAS PLEASED ENOUGH WITH THIS ITEM, THAT I

PURCHASED ANOTHER THE FOLLOWING WEEK.GOOD PRODUCT!

J.J. - Coleman Cable - Leaf Blower - A-2 - Electric Snow Blower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Extension Cords - electric snow blower, coleman cable a-2 Extension Cords - electric snow blower, coleman cable