Sunday 4 October 2009

Checkpoint-frie - laptop sleeve, checkpoint-frie


I bought this 17" Solo TCB102-4 sleeve for my 17" Sony VAIO. I checked the dimensions given by the manufacturer very carefully not only on Amazon but also on other on-line stores as well before ordering to make sure it would fit my laptop. Even though it was said as 12.5 x 17.2 x 0.5 and my VAIO is only 11.80 x 16.40, it was too small for the laptop (both sides). As another reviewer said, I also think it would be great for the 16" laptops but not for 17" ones. I just save it in case I might buy a 16" laptop some time in the future and hopefully I would be able to use it for a 16" laptop. At under $20 shipped, there is no point to return it. I just want to let you folks know so you won't have to waste your money to buy it for your 17" laptops. SOLO Tech Collection AlwaysOn Laptop Sleeve, Check-Fast Airport Security-Friendly Sleeve for Notebook Computer up to 17 Inches, Black, TCB102-4

I bought this for my HP dv7-1285dx notebook (17 inch screen)and it fits perfectly! I was looking for a sleeve that stays on 24/7 and not a carrying case. This does the job perfectly and fits like like a glove. I did not take the plastic cover off my new laptop until the sleeve arrived. It looks good and power cold on the side is no problem, just use double zippers to close right up to the cord. Durable neoprene looks cool, plenty of cushion to protect.

Very hard to find a 17" sleeve this simple, almost elegant, and opens with complete 3-sided zipper so you can use laptop w/o

removing it from the sleeve!

Only reservation is due to the fact that picture has what looks like perforations useful for ventilation in the hand-hold place at the bottom.

They're just texture, not holes, and the actual ventilation-spaces are not very large.

I have a 17" Dell Inspiron E1505 and this sleeve literally hung off it. There was easily an inch of room when the case was closed for my laptop to slide around in, and due to the poor fit it doesn't even stay on when the laptop is open. Unsure as to why some people are not having fitting issues. I even did the "laptop wizard" on Solo's site [...]. ANTOnline was useless. They said that it's not their responsibility to refund me the return shipping costs since they didn't manufacture the product. Solo was very helpful but unable to refund the shipping since they didn't sell the product. Amazon was great (call 866-216-1072 for customer service)- not only will they refund me the shipping that I paid to get it to me, but supposedly I'll be able to get the return shipping back too. Hope you have better luck with this product! You've been warned!

My laptop is a 17.3 inch, a little more than preferred for a 17 inch sleeve, but I figured it would provide with a more snuggled fit... Closed, the sleeve does a good job of protecting the computer, but it was a bit loose; I'm concerned for the 17 inch customer this product advertises for...



Most awkwardly is the "Alwayson" feature SOLO boasts, the flaps that are supposed to keep your laptop secure as you keep the sleeve on. With the laptop open, the corner flaps BARELY hold onto my 17.3 inch, off-putting my expectations and excitement for the product...



Overall, the sleeve works well with the laptop closed, but as it is on and operating, the corner secures are lack luster, and may even simply fall off of your 17 inch.

I was a little concerned that the sleeve would not fit my 17" HP Pavillion DV7-1261WM after reading some of the reviews. But it actually fits very well! It is almost a bit large for it! I really like that it does not scratch the laptop with the zippers and it seems to protect it really well. I know it says that you never have to take it out of the sleeve to use it, but I do not trust that it can stay in the sleeve completely during use (it would get hot), so I peel back the corner where the fans are so it doesnt get too hot. Other than that, it works great! It does seem like a pretty durable sleeve. I have had others for my 15.4" Acer, and those were not as good as this one. Especially for the price. I would recommend this one for anyone. In fact, I am planning on purchasing another for my husband's new laptop:)

Works well enough. My Toshiba Satellite 17" just barely fits. The stretchable fabric that holds the case to the screen side of the computer doesn't hold well. This case works better as a slipcase. I didn't have to open up the case when going through security at the airport.

The biggest problem I have with this is that my laptop just do not fit entirely into this sleeve when I try to zip it up. I have a Lenovo y730 17" laptop. I had to stretch the sleeve a bit. I guess its size is not an umbrella cover for all 17" screens. However, I keep it on all the time and so far I don't have any heating problem.

Overall, I will rate this product good enough.

It was too big and couldn't fit my 16.4 inch Sony Vaio. I looked at the other reviews before I bought it and thought that it might fit mine, however i overestimated the size of this. Definitely should make measurements before buying this! - Checkpoint-frie - 17 Inch Laptop Bag - Laptop Sleeve - Laptop Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Checkpoint-frie - laptop sleeve, checkpoint-frie checkpoint-frie Checkpoint-frie - laptop sleeve, checkpoint-frie