Wednesday 9 September 2009

Textbook Holder - textbook holder


I don't recommend this product at all. I took it out of the box and a bunch of screws fell out along with the stand. I didn't think assembly was necessary at first, but then I realized the item was just broken. The plastic stand that screws onto the wood piece had been stripped. Trying to put it back together was useless. It instantly falls apart with any adjustment.



I would suggest taking your money elsewhere. CaseCrown Dual Adjustable Multimedia Multi-Purpose Wood Stand (iPad/eBook/Kindle/Nook/Sony/Music)

Got for my Kindle DX and hardcover books. Paid $30. Shipping took about 2 weeks (3rd party seller). The tilt of the stand works well, but there's no mechanism to keep it elevated off the stand or change the angle that you're reading at. You can wedge a book between the wooden part and the black plastic base if you want to change the angle or elevate the book/Kindle. That's my only complaint. I'm using that feature a lot, so it's annoying. I think this is more a $15 or $20 product. I did not get it to be portable and don't think it would fold down compactly enough to work. Also, it's not the sturdiest piece of construction so treat it nicely. I expect the black plastic base to break first as it has no support. We'll see how long it lasts--that will determine if I purchase another one.

After using a few stands, this is by far the best stand at a great price. I've used the plastic cheap stands and $50 wooden stands, and this is by far the best.



Pros:

-Price (is just as nice if not better than higher priced $40+)

-Adjustable

-Page holders (you can use them or not)

-Quality (can hold my huge textbooks, or regular paperback novels)



Cons:

Honestly none. This is a great little book holder.

I spend a lot of time at the dining room table studying from giant floppy soft-covered nursing textbooks. Those ultra portable wire stands were useless, so I gave this a shot despite some of the bad reviews. Let me just say that I don't know what they are talking about. This stand has saved my neck and made studying so much easier. No, it's not solid wood, more like an MDF type material, but unless you plan on using it in some kind of contact sport, I can't see it being particularly flimsy. The angles you can adjust the books to is almost infinite, and the metal page holders do a great job. Worth every penny if you ask me. Also, as far as its compatibility with a Kindle is concerned, I can't imagine it being a problem. There is no gap between the little ledge and the backing, so I can't see it falling through.

So I bought this for a friend who will be teaching math and music. I figured she would need a good solid stand for music, and anything else, like a book, that she might need while speaking to the class. I wanted to get her a good one, because of the economy. I was slightly dissappointed that it wasn't wood, or solid wood, but overall, it is made well, and will last her for a long time.

My wife and I both read at the kitchen table. She is a voracious reader and I am a seminary student working on a Masters of Divinity. I am often reading large textbooks and often supplemental papers that I have printed from the web. This bookstand handles both equally well. It has a wide enough base lip that I have often had two books on the stand at the same time that I switch between and it handles them both well. The spring arms are very effective for holding the pages in place no matter what the size of the material I am reading. I had purchased a bookstand for my wife many years ago to hold her paperbacks which is the primary type of book she reads. It is a metal stand that has held up well for many years. I was jealous.



I had a wire stand that sells on this website for $17. It is a folding stand that has 3 sections held together with plastic tubing. The plastic tubing began breaking up after about a year and I had to tape it together. Eventually I gave up on it and bought the Case Crown stand. I love its versatility and multiple adjustments. I imagine this will be a stand I will be using for many years to come.

My husband often reads at our breakfast bar. This has been the best purchase for that purpose. It's sturdy, adjustable and made of good quality materials. I highly recommend it. Good for recipe books when I'm cooking too. - Textbook Holder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Textbook Holder - textbook holder textbook holder Textbook Holder - textbook holder