Tuesday 1 September 2009

Ridgid Jointer Blades


I ordered the Freud C400 6-1/8-by-11/16-by-1/8-Inch Jointer Knives as a replacement for my 1950s era Craftsman Jointer. They arrived promptly and in excellent condition.

I had a little difficulty in installing them due to the fact that they were actually 6-3/16 inches long instead of the advertised 6-1/8. Other dimensions were accurate. I was able to install them and they are performing satisfactorily, however the extra length does not allow any freedom in installation which will shorten their life by not allowing me to shift position slightly when the inevitable nicks occur.

I will try another manufacturer next time with the hope that they will be closer to the advertised dimensions. Freud C400 6-1/8-by-11/16-by-1/8-Inch Jointer Knives, 3-Pack

Bought these knive to replace the ones in my ridgid jointer! right out of the box they had a curl on them and needed to be honed! Should have sent them back but I needed them immediately. After only an hour or so of use they are completely curled over and so dull they chatter the wood. Very dissapointed in the product, spend the money and get a good set if you plan on using them at all!

Needed replacements for my ridgid jointer. These look identical and are exactly the same dementions. They are razor sharp and mount in there perfectly. Have not had a chance to try them yet but I have Freud blades in my table saw and router and they hold up great so I would expect the same from these. I have learned not to be too hard on jointer blades. Don't cut deeper than you have to and check your blades often. I didn't bother to check them till I was getting bad cuts and was amazed at how badly I had worn them down.

A friend of mine brought over a Sears 6 1/8 jointer he found in the garbage. It was covered in rust and the motor was missing. I decided to rebuild it at almost the cost of a new one. Sears wanted $36.99 for the blades plus shipping and tax. I decided to take a chance on these blades for $17.11 from Amazon. The blades are a perfect match to the old blades. If you have a Sears 6 1/8 Jointer Model#113206931, these blades will fit, but always measure the size of the old blades to be sure. Since Sears made several different models of jointers.

I restored an old Craftsman 6" jointer I inherited from a friend of the family and I was surprised to find the exact replacement knives from Freud. This jointer is an early 1950's model and with the new knives leaves as good a finish as I good possibly want. Excellent product as are all of the Freud products I have.

I used these on my Ridgid JP0610 Jointer and they are at least as good as the blades that came with the unit. They already have little nicks in them, which is about what the stock blades did too. For the price they are very reasonable. If you want basically the same blades that came with your Ridgid, these work fine. They are not an upgrade, but may very well be the most cost effective solution. I bought a couple sets to make sure I don't run out again. As always they were shipped promptly and arrived on time and un damaged.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ridgid Jointer Blades Ridgid Jointer Blades Ridgid Jointer Blades