Sunday 20 September 2009

Raw Food


These are not the full size bars. Instead, these are small snack size pieces of your favorite Raw flavors, for a mid-afternoon snack, or to stave of hunger between meals. The thick chocolate flavor mimics something worth feeling guilty over, but thankfully at 100 calories each, its a healthy snack. The low GI of these bars is great for loosing weight and fighting hunger, and there are no refined sugars, no hydrogenation, and they are vegan and raw. You can't ask for a better snack! I would have a hard time using the full size bars for portion control, but these work perfectly. As to the flavor, check the reviews of the full Raw bars, everyone has their favorites and they are not for all people, especially those used to crunchy granola bars. Raw Rev 100, 4-Flavor Variety Pack, 100 Calorie Organic Live Food Bar, 0.8-Ounce Bars (Pack of 24)

The good:

1) surprisingly filling

2) good flavor

4) love the "fun" sized packages



The bad

1) texture is oddly greasy

2) cocoa powder has been processed with alkali, which greatly reduces antioxidant capacity



I prefer Larabar on the whole (better texture, better flavor, no alkali), but I do like the portion size on this item. Perfect to take the edge off your hunger without ruining your appetite when it's mealtime.

The yellow (cashew and agave nector) are my favorite. This batch was the freshest I've received of any of these bars and I've bought several flavors of the big size but am sick of it before eating the entire thing. These are perfect. I took a star off for the oiliness..why on earth all the oil?? It makes them so fattening and leaves oily fingers! :( Otherwise a healthier snack and these fit nicely in a pocket. :)

I gotta shake my head at the reviewer who gave these smaller bars one star specifically because they are smaller - that's just illogical since the whole point is that they ARE smaller for people who don't always want a full-size bar. I LOVE this smaller size!!! Now when I get that inevitable urge to eat something rich and chocolate-y but somewhat healthy, I can grab one of these 100 calorie bars and take the edge off instead of wolfing down the 270 calorie bar. Like many other reviewers, I'm not thrilled with the serious amount of oiliness some of the flavors have, but that one little quibble is overwhelmingly overridden with the yummy rich taste, handy size and general healthiness of this product. I'll be buying many more of these little bars.

The flavors of this variety pack are quite good. I was looking for a nut-based bar with not too much sweetener as the Larabar-style of including dates as the first ingredient is just too overwhelming. These bars provide a good bit of nutty crunch without a ton of sugar. However, these bars use agave nectar, which is basically pure fructose. Several studies have shown that agave nectar is pretty bad for your metabolism: [...].



Finally, I wish these bars weren't so darn oily! The packaging should do something to keep the nut oil inside the wrapper.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being deep fried snickers and 1 being liver, I'd say these are a solid 6.5, would eat again. They feel a little oily and the texture could be better, but all in all tasty and habit forming.

These snack size are perfect for throwing in the purse to have when hunger hits on the go. I agree with another reviewer who says the 'regular' size bars are too big! My daughter (6 years old) LOVES these. After school she often asks, "Mom, can I have a Raw Revolution?"....which gives it an automatic 5 star rating in our house. Even my husband who tends to favor a less delicate and more MEATy snack eats these. Try them!

We really like these bars, and they are 100 calories which is nice. We are hearing now that agave is not good for you, and not really raw, so that is a concern, but for now we will keep getting them as they are really yummy and a good substitution for candy bars.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Raw Food Raw Food Raw Food