Sunday 20 September 2009

Invicta Russian Divers Watch - invicta russian divers watch, casual watch


This watch is my 4th Invicta in my collection. I have to say that I am very impressed with this watch's value. It is an oversized watch that is stylish and looks much more expessive than it is. It is not a giant/heavy watch like some other Invictas, but is just right on my 6'2" frame. The color of the watch band is more of a tan than it is an orange as it appears in the picture. Also I was very impressed with the speed at which I recieved this watch from Jomashop. Overall I would highly recomend this watch. Invicta II Black Dial Leather Bracelet Mens Watch 0787

I received the watch with low expectations considering this was my first invicta watch. I was totally impressed! The quality of the watch was excellent, quick shipping time, and isnt too bulky on my wrist (I'm 6'4 so it fits well). The strap in the picture is more orange than it actually is in real life. Overall I would definitely recommend this watch to others.

My son bought this watch for his dad as a birthday gift and was surprised at how large it was when it arrived.

From the picture you cannot tell that the face is so big. It's also pretty heavy so think about that if you

decide to order it. But, it's very nice looking and you'll get lots of comments about it!

I received the watch only two days after being notified it had been shipped. Great job on delivery by Jomashop. The date I received the watch was the18th of the month, but while the time on the dial was correct, the 0787's date display indicated the 13th.



The strap is not true to the orange hue of the picture, it is more of a tan shade than orange. The contrast from white stitching is a nice touch, but strap is more barely-adequate than top notch, and doesn't enhance the appearance of the watch. Leather (but is it leather, or just the lining is?) doesn't feel rich and textured to the touch. There appears to be more grain in the strap of the official picture than in the actual retail watch. Fortunately, the watch band can easily be upgraded by online specialized vendors. Also, strap width is advertised at 22mm; however I measured it at 26mm.



The dual crown is a fun touch, making the watch unique. Watch movement is absolutely quiet.



Even though it is not the largest Invicta size (I believe it actually is on the smaller side for the brand), this timepiece is still an oversized watch, and while I knew the measurements beforehand, the impressive dimensions were a bit of a shock when I wore it the first time.



Overall the 0787's stainless steel case expresses a feel of quality without being heavy. The sides are polished for "mirror" effect. Numbers on the watch are large and the black dial definitely has a look reminiscent of old European diving watches like the Panerai MM.



I created an account on Invicta's website and was expecting, as mentioned by other Invicta reviewers, that the additional 4-year period would be automatically added to the 1-year standard warranty. However the extended warranty option was not provided at any time during registration. On the other hand, along with the watch came a warranty card that states that the extended warranty comes with a fee, $65 for the 0787 - which pretty much defeats the purpose of getting a warranty since it costs the same as the watch itself. I would have rate the 0787 with 5 stars if it weren't for the warranty issue and the very average strap.



UPDATE 9/17/2011:

After a few days wearing the watch, I started noticing a "halo" around the dial. Caused by condensation or other I'm not sure. Sent the watch back to Jomashop. Didn't hear back for two weeks, then got the watch back - not fixed. Asked refund from Amazon but was told I couldn't get one because watch had been worn. If you don't buy directly form Amazon you are not protected the same way. This ended up being a terrible shopping experience because of the product itself which became defective only a few days after purchase, and because of the way it was serviced by Jomashop. Now I have to send watch to Invicta for warranty repair, which means I have to pick up shipping costs - for a brand new watch! I updated my rating to one star because (1) Invicta has a quality problem with this watch and (2) by choosing dealers not willing to do the right thing (replacement/refund) Invicta has made me lose all excitement for their product. In addition, I will never buy a product of this type again if it is not directly sold by Amazon. - Invicta - Casual Watch - Russian Diver - Invicta Russian Divers Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Invicta Russian Divers Watch - invicta russian divers watch, casual watch invicta Invicta Russian Divers Watch - invicta russian divers watch, casual watch