Friday 11 September 2009

Ipod Touch 2g - ipod, itouch accessories


Let me start by saying, I buy a lot of stuff online but I've never been one to write reviews whether I'm happy or unhappy with the product. In fact, this is the first review I've ever written. To sum it up, I only spent $2.60 on two packages of these and yet I feel so ripped off I'm compelled to breakdown (on Christmas day for that matter) and write my first review.



I ordered this item off of Amazon for two iPod Touches that I bought my son and daughter for Christmas. According to the item description the brand name of these is iKross, however, the package says BlueHarbor so I'm not even sure I got what I ordered (it came from BlueHarborOnline through Amazon.) In fact from reading the other Amazon reviews what I received sounds nothing like what others received. At this price point they probably just throw in whatever they have.



Each screen protector was attached to a white sheet of paper. You simply peel the protector off the paper and apply to your iPod Touch(other reviews mention a layer to peel off of both sides of the protector but that was not the case with what I received.) These things are very thin and flimsy. Like holding cellophane. They are so flimsy that I can easily tear it with a fingernail. The "lint free cloth" that came with it was loaded with lint so it took me forever to get the lint off. Then trying to accurately apply something so flimsy was also very challenging. Once on the screen there must've been 200 air bubbles. Smoothing them out is impossible, again, because it is so thin and flimsy. I tried to use a credit card but that just ruined the protector so I had to use another. I ended up just rubbing the second one with a cloth to try and smooth out the bubbles. This reduced the number of bubbles to maybe 100. It also scratches very easily. The cloth (a soft towel) left little scratches. It also shows smudges very badly. Finally, to top it all off, the thing isn't even clear. I would be more inclined to characterize it as "foggy". All around terrible product.



There is one last thing to mention that I guess isn't that big of a deal but just puzzled me. There is a random 1/8 inch hole punched in each one where the earpiece would be if it were an iPhone. The hole isn't even centered. Anyway, that small area is unprotected (not that this thing provides much protection everywhere else.)



I have an iPhone and on it I use Casemate screen protectors. Overall the Casemate protectors have not received that great of reviews on Amazon but they blow these pieces of %&^* away. I'll be heading out tomorrow to Best Buy to get a real screen protector for my kids iPod Touches. In summary, stay away from these and do not order from BlueHarbor Online. 3-Pack Premium Reusable LCD Screen Protector with Lint Cleaning Cloth for Apple iPod Touch 2nd Gen 8GB 16GB 32GB

This product is probably not the best in it's class but does the job and just that. If you're looking for a screen protector for your iPod Touch or your iPhone I'm pretty sure that this item can serve it's purpose.

if you have an iPhone, get it. it's a very good product. if you have an itouch, know this: it wont fit perfectly. the sticker is about 2 millimeters narrower than the screen and about 2 mm longer. I didn't really care about it but maybe you would.

These do not really adhere to your device. There is no sticky back and these are DEFINATELY NOT REUSABLE. They get scracthed pretty easy, and bend up after a while. I've had mine on for about 2 weeks, and it's already wanting to fall off. This will get you through about 2 months, then you'll need to order more. I strongly recommend something that will stick better and not develop bubbles...

I am very happy with this product !! It really protects the screen. I feel so much better having the screen protector because my son uses it all the time,and having it in the pants pocket I'm sure without the screen protector that Apple Itouch wouldn't look as nice anymore. Thank you !!!!

As with all iPhone like faces, the main menu button alignment is tough. I always keep a bottle of screenclean close by just in case an alignment or dust removal is needed. For the price the protector does the job and constantly passes my son's (1.5yr old) tests. Good product for the price, real value.

Overall this product was great for the low price. I had to use all 3 of the screens before I got one on with no bubbles or one that was not crooked. The shipping was great! I recieved this product 3 days after I ordered it, and with the free shipping. I would recommend ordering 2 packages. - Ipod Touch - Ipod - Itouch Accessories - Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipod Touch 2g - ipod, itouch accessories ipod touch Ipod Touch 2g - ipod, itouch accessories