Friday 11 September 2009

Electric Sharpener - pencil sharpener, stanley bostitch


I purchased this sharpener for classroom use because it was quiet and touted to be extremely efficient in the classroom. One month after beginning use, the sharpener stopped sharpening on one side. I returned the sharpener to the company and was sent another in the mail. The second sharpener never did sharpen on both sides. I tried every pencil in the drawer, some old, some new, various brands, with the same outcome: 1/16th sharpening on one side and full sharpening on the other. I contacted customer service via e-mail and was told the problem was the PENCILS. (Their studies show that many pencils are inferior and dry unevenly, thereby making it impossible to sharpen them.) I then tried other types, brands, etc. No improvement. I finally tried colored pencils, and notified the company that the sharpener would only sharpen colored pencils. They notified me that I had invalidated my warranty by sharpening colored pencils and they were off the hook.



Shortly after I notified the company a second time, I received a very nice e-mail from a company problem solver who settled the problem by sending a Super Pro 6 model. It has two sharpening blades and works beautifully. I suggest you pass on the Quiet Sharp 6 and purchase the Super Pro 6 model to begin with. The dual sharpener solved all problems inherent in the Quiet 6. Stanley Bostitch QuietSharp6(TM) Classroom Pencil Sharpener With 6-holes And Quiet Motor, Blue (EPS10HC)

Just replaced a schoolpro sharpener with this new Bostitch item. Have always been a fan of their staplers, so decided to give this a try. The first thing that really stood out was how quiet it was compared to the schoolpro model. I can actually let the kids sharpen during a lesson without disturbing the class. The sharpening speed is also far superior. I still have the shcoolpro in the classroom, but the kids all prefer the Bostitch due to how fast it is. Another great feature is the magnetic safety switch which gives me added peace of mind when letting the kids sharpen their own pencils.

I've always made do with the frustrating little handheld pencil sharpeners, but no more. I'd forgotten what it was like to have a truly sharp pencil!



I thought this might be a little more pencil sharpener than I needed, until I started sharing it with my mom. She now uses it for all her various sizes and hardnesses of drawing pencils, and she can't stop raving about it. So in addition to schools, it would be a good choice for art classes.



Keep in mind that quiet does not mean silent. It has to make some noise to do its job well, but it IS less noisy than other electric pencil sharpeners.



I've had the unit for about three weeks now, and I'm quite pleased with it. My only issue, and it's minor, is with the catch tray ("shavings receptacle"). It comes off a lot more easily than it goes back on. If you press too hard on the front of the unit to secure the suction cups, the catch tray will come off. Also, be very careful when you go to empty it. Be sure all the shavings are in the FRONT of the tray before you remove it. Otherwise, you could have a big mess on your hands requiring a Dustbuster for cleanup. (Yes, I speak from experience.)



If any problems arise with the unit in the future, I'll adjust my review and rating to reflect such problems. So far, I'm happy to recommend it.

This is the best pencil sharpener that I have ever used. I first saw it in the library at my son's Elementary school. That evening I found it at Amazon and purchased it for a fantastic price. This sharpener is quiet and fast and leaves a point that is strong and sturdy. I recommend this over many other products that are on the market.

I will not begin to count the NUMEROUS sharpeners we've had throughout the YEARS!!!! I will simply say that I absolutely love my 'SMURF'. We named it that. My kids should be in college when the time comes to empty the shavings tray, it is massive. The device is quiet (unlike my kids) and it has suctions underneath to prevent one of my lil ANGELS from knocking it off the table. I absolutely love it. The dial for additional pencil widths is a plus. I read a lot of the reviews and teachers gave high marks for the quality and performance. I have to agree. For those that look for negative reviews; you won't find one here. I am a happy lil momma. STANLEY BOSTITCH SHARPNER RULES. Thank you.

This Sharpener is Awesome! It sharpens all types of pencils quickly and quietly. I love that it automatically stops when the pencil is sharp. Works like a dream in my classroom. Thirty-five students go through a lot of pencils in a fourth grade classroom during the year. I've used other electric sharpeners. This one is the best. - Electric Pencil Sharpener - Bostitch - Stanley Bostitch - Pencil Sharpener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Electric Sharpener - pencil sharpener, stanley bostitch pencil sharpener Electric Sharpener - pencil sharpener, stanley bostitch