Saturday 15 August 2009

Trail Cam - wildlife camera, game camera


This review is for the Primos Truth Cam Blackout - Model 63035, not the 63050 Model as pictured on some websites, so look at the model numbers. From what I read, I think the 63035 Model has been out a little longer than the 63050 Model, camo color, and has two less LEDs. There is not much info on these Blackout cameras, so here are some of the specs:



1. Camera is 9" ht, 7" wide, 2" thick

2. 6 volt camera and has external battery port

3. Requires 4 D batteries

4. Requires SD card - 1GB to 32GB

5. Has 60 LED - Settings allow you to use 36 LED or 60 LED

6. Takes 2MP, 3.1MP, 5 MP, or 7MP photos

7. Takes 15S High Res, 15S Low Res, 30S High Res, 30S Low Res, or 60S Low Res videos

8. At 3.1MP, the SD card can hold the following: 1GB=820 pics, 2GD=1650 pics, 4GD=3300 pics, 8GD=11420 pics, 16GD=13220 pics, 32GD=26440 pics. At 2MP, the camera will hold about a third more images.

9. Will record time, date, moon phase, temperature

10. Has a delay of 5 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, and 60 min.

11. Has photo burst of 1, 3, and 5

12. Has 3 sensing modes: low, normal, and high

13. 1 sec or less trigger speed

14. Pictures are color during day shots, b/w at night

15. Comes with 72" strap and will except security cable lock

16. Instruction manual says batteries can last a year using minimum delay and photo burst



I just purchased the Primos Truth Cam Blackout, so I will update this review after some more use.



I put the camera out last night to test and it was very easy to set up. It has a push button digital control panel that illuminates with large digital text. Standing inches from the camera and staring directly into the blackout flash, you see a very, very, very small hint of red when the camera takes a picture, but cannot be detect if more than 8" away.



This morning I had 441 pictures on the camera. This was using a 30 sec delay with 3 burst. There were no pictures that were blank and all had visible wildlife. A couple of images had an animal or two that were blurred, but the camera remained focus within the shot.



Remember, an SD card with a faster download speed allows you to use less battery, save images faster, and will keep up with the camera trigger speeds. I didn't know this until I spoke to a photographer taking pictures at my son's football game. If you have a camera with an awesome trigger speed but your SD card cannot download the images quickly enough, you will start getting blank photos. I recommend purchasing a higher quality SD card.



So far, I'm happy with the purchase. I'm not the biggest fan of Primos, but after a lot of research, this seems to be one of the better cameras on the market for the money. I will update this review after more use. Primos Hunting Truth Cam Blackout Game Trail Camera

This is my first purchase of a wild life camera and I love it. My father-in-law purchased a similar camera same manufacture and it is awesome so I thought I would give the blackout model a try. Takes excellent pictures time after time. Copper top batteries last the longest. Left it out for three days and four night without checking it and it took over 400 pictures of the deer that visit my yard. I would recommend this camera to anyone it is great.

I purchased two of these cameras during September 2011. The first one was returned because the San Disk could not be formatted by the camera. The camera was replaced and appeared to work as advertised. However, when the camera was used during a rain and/or cool weather, the inside was found to be wet and/or damp with moisture throughout the inside including the batteries. Hunting in SE Ohio, where rain during the Fall is a regular occurrence, I decided not to take a chance on a third Primos Truth Cam, and switched to a Bushnell Trophy Brown Night Vision Cam.

So far, no problems with it at all. I will know a lot more about this camera at the end of the season than I do two weeks into it. Hope this help someone save a little time and money. - Game Camera - Wildlife - Security Camera - Wildlife Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Trail Cam - wildlife camera, game camera security camera Trail Cam - wildlife camera, game camera