Saturday 15 August 2009

Tool - tool


I bought this thinking of all of the screw heads I have ruined over the years and how I've used the old hacksaw a flat slot trick to extract them. This sounded right, so I bought it for future use. Well, it wasn't long till I had my test for it. I bought a chipper/shredder and the first time I had to remove the blades I found the screws hopelessly too tight. I know when an allen wrench is about to cam out of a slot and this would never have removed the screw. I tried good quality penetrating oil and still no luck. I ordered the bits to fit through Amazon, and when they arrived, I used this driver to get the screws out with very little difficulty. The impact shock combined with the effect of driving the bit safely down into the socket at the same moment as the torque works beautifully. Put one of these in your tool kit to save your bacon some day. Price is very reasonable. Pro-Grade 19620 1/2-Inch Driver Impact Driver Set with Holder

This is a hefty driver. All components from the case, to the bits, to the tool itself are very well made. Have used it quite successfully on a number of stubborn bolts on my bike with great success. Only beef is the case is tricky to open, the bits don't lock into place as secure as I'd like, and better grip on the base of the head would have been nice.

I bought this to unscrew a few stubborn screws to replace the Rotors on my 2009 Honda Accord and this thing worked like magic!

It managed to unscrew them without any damage to either the screws or the rotor base (I ended up using the same screws back with the new rotors).



Feels solid and overall seems like its made from good material (Used it only once so cannot really comment on durability)

This tool worked great. You probably won't use it very often but when you need to loosen a stubborn screw, it's priceless. Used it to disassemble an old motorcycle engine and it worked just fine. The bit, (phillips head) is still in good shape.

I used this tool to successfully remove to screws from a rotor. However, what I did not immediately realize is that by then, the bit had warped, causing me to strip the next screw. Now I have to figure out if I can get better bits and how I can get the screw out...



Not a quality product. - Tool'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Tool - tool tool Tool - tool