Friday 14 August 2009

Skin Care Gift - dry skin, cracked skin


This kit has a lot of good hand care items:



Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme: Keeps your hands soft, the beeswax acts as a moisture barrier and smells wonderful.



Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme: if you want a lighter cream that can go on knees, elbows as well, the Shea butter cream is perfect.



Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme: smells like a fresh cut lemon, and it works far better than any kind of cuticle oil I've tried. Fun to rub in because it smells so good. A bit oily afterwards, but very effective. The best item in the kit. Burt's Bees Hand Repair Kit

I have been a big fan of Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream for years, and was very happy to find this little hand healing kit.



The beeswax and banana hand creme is super creamy & highly scented, but the scent dissipates pretty quickly once you start massaging it into your hands. It leaves a slightly greasy feel on your hands, but that's Ok with me.



I follow up and application of the hand creme with massaging the cuticle balm into my nails. This also has a pretty strong scent to it, but it is a little nicer than the banana, it is more natural smelling (even though both products are nearly 100% natural)



Burt's Bees products are the only ones that have been able to heal my very dry hands and fingers.

The kit is described as containing a banana wax hand cream, but that product was replaced with an almond cream which is clearly inferior. Amazon will not replace the product, as they claim this "is not their error, but the vendor which supplies them. Again, buyer beware.

This is honestly the best "beauty" $13 I have ever spent. As a beauty pageant queen (2010/2011)and business executive, I am constantly on the search for products that are effective, yet easy to use and obtain. With this set, I have found what I need! I purchased it originally on Amazon, and have also found it at WalMart for approximately the same price.

The negatives I have heard here are the following:

kit comes with almond rather than banana hand cream

kit comes with yellow rather than bee print gloves

Let me address both.....

Kit comes with almond rather than banana hand cream: I have never heard of nor used the brand's almond or banana hand cream before this, however the almond hand cream which I received is AMAZING! I seriously received this kit two days ago, and after using this lotion + gloves only for the two days, I have the softest hands I have ever experienced in my entire life. My husband, who has serious scent allergies, is not affected by the smell and tells me that I smell amazing after I put this on before bed. This is the most amazing lotion/cream I have ever encountered (and in my pageant/modeling experience I have tried many products)-- even after washing my hands multiple times throughout the day, the softness lasts...unlike other products that are more expensive and offer just a temporary moisture boost.

Kit comes with yellow rather than bee print gloves --

Really? Ok, yes, the picture on the package shows gloves with a print of little bees on it. Maybe the company should update their packaging. However, I would rather have them spend the money on developing more amazing products like the ones they currently offer. The bee print cotton gloves and the pale yellow cotton gloves (which I received) I would think offer the exact same benefits. Do you see the print when you wear them while you sleep? The pale yellow gloves, which I own as part of this kit, are absolutely amazing. I have purchased many pairs of spa gloves, spending up to $40/pair....and these are just as good as any I've tried. Yes, they are simply cotton gloves. However, they are durably constructed, and fit well on my small hands (many gloves come off my tiny hands during the night because they are too large; these don't do so).

In summary, the gloves + almond hand cream + lemon cuticle cream combination has given me results better than I ever anticipated, and I hope you try it for yourself. Believe me....I have spent several hundred dollars to try everything out there....and Burt's Bees products are second to none!

This kit is all you need for hand repair. I'm not organized enough to use all the creams as a system and wear the little gloves, but even still each cream works great individually to repair dry and damaged skin. The lemon cuticle cream and the shea butter repair cream give an instant fix. The banana hand cream is good for maintaining moisture on an every day basis and has a really fun smell, but probably not something you'd want to apply before going out into public or shaking hands with other people. The kit comes with a clear drawstring bag to store everything together.

I've been a Burt's Bees lover for quite some time and this product is no exception. The hand repair cream is amazing and the bee gloves are freakin' adorable. Just apply a small amount of repair cream to your hands, put on the gloves, go to bed, then wake up with soft hands. Yes, it's really THAT simple! The banana hand cream and cuticle cream are great for daily use.



The first time I used of of these kits, I received it as a gift from my husband. I let it sit in the closet for a while because I thought I'd never be able to sleep with gloves on my hands. Please don't let that deter you from buying this product! The gloves are so soft and breathable that you won't notice you're wearing them after the first couple minutes.

This is a good product! Love the lotions, and I especially love the gloves! The only thing I'm not happy with is the don't send the banana hand cream...it's an almond hand cream, which doesn't smell that great. I ordered 2 of these and they both came with the almond. But that's the only issue I have with it!

I have used this kit in the past and I love the products included. I especially like the cuticle cream and banana hand cream. However, the kit I received did not come with the banana cream, instead it came with the almond milk hand cream. A little disappointed, but all in all, a good product. - Hand Repair - Dry Skin - Hands - Cracked Skin'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Skin Care Gift - dry skin, cracked skin dry skin Skin Care Gift - dry skin, cracked skin