Tuesday 25 August 2009

Outdoor Gear - axes, tools


First issue- the axe does not include the sheath or the sharpener as stated in the description.

Second issue- the hatchet blade is is very thick and shapened with a very blunt bevel. Probably not good for anything but splitting small logs. With the nail puller, I'm wondering if its designed more as some kind of demo tool.



I'm also not sure what a "Super Lock 5 System, Safety Lock Fitting" is, but since all I got was a hatchet wrapped in bubble wrap, I don't think I got it.



If you're looking for a camping or landscaping hatchet look elsewhere. I would suggest a Wetterlings (around $45), a Gransfors Bruks WILDLIFE HATCHET, Estwing E24A Sportsman's Hatchet Metal Handle or a Gerber 45905 Camp Axe With Sheath. Ames True Temper 14-Inch Total Control Elite Hatchet With Integrated Nail Puller 1215300 - Axes - Tools - Outdoor Gear'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Outdoor Gear - axes, tools outdoor gear Outdoor Gear - axes, tools