Sunday 2 August 2009

Nail Puller - nail pullers


I was replacing wood trim on my house and had to pull a lot of buried nails while standing on a ladder. I tried using other tools like claw hammer, screw driver, pry bar but was having a lot of difficulty removing the nails and in some cases couldn't get some of the nails removed. I borrowed the Shark nail puller from my next door neighbor and from then on ALL NAILS WERE REMOVED WITH VERY LITTLE EFFORT. My neighbor told me he got the nail puller from Tool Crib and he let me use his catalog to order my own nail puller. I ordered two to give one to my son. Shark CORP 21-2028 Hardened Steel Alloy Nail Pullers

This tool is really helpful when framing, it will pull nails even whenthey have been driven below the surface of the wood, and even if you bust off the head it can still be pulled. This is the perfect size also. I've seen and used shorter ones, but they don't provide enough leverage.

I never thought I'd get excited about a nail puller, but these shark pullers are really a joy to use. My first model was the 8"er with the flat pry bar at one end, and I've ordered several other sizes since. The key to these things seems to be the quality of steel used - very strong and very hard - seems to bite into the nail no matter how much is showing.



I also own one of those old-fashioned looking nail pullers with the slide handle and moveable fulcrum. It certainly works, but is definitely much more trouble to get into position and get a grip on the nail that these Shark units. On these, just point the paws at the buried nail, give it a whack or two, and voila, it's got the grip it needs to start moving it.



Very versatile, very well made, very worthwhile to have in your toolbox.

I worked with a contractor who used one of these and thought it would be a helpful tool for my own remodeling jobs. These nail pullers work as advertised. I don't think I will ever use a claw hammer again for nail pulling. Very high quality steel and designed very well. Get one, you won't regret it!

I tried a lot of nail puller and this one really worth's it.

It pull the nail from the shank and sometimes with nail gun the head just get off and you got no other choice and that tool really does it really satisfied !

This nail puller is very sharp, and does not vibrate your hands when you are hitting that much. It cuts into wood easily and really bites onto the nail making it that much easier. Happy with my purchase.

This is the nail puller that you want. It is made from tough steel, has sharp jaws, and bites through the wood to get to the nail. Having a puller at both ends allows you to get into seemingly impossible places. I have all kinds of cats paws and bars in my arsenal, but this is my go to tool for pulling nails.

Shark CORP 21-2028 Hardened Steel Alloy Nail Pullers









I like using this because it is light and compact. It works well with pulling nails. Works best with small jobs of pulling nails. For any other nail pulling jobs, I would recommend a nail bar.



Estwing PB-18 18-Inch Pry Bar

I was shocked when I received this. It was about half the size of what I expected. I had to replace some deteriorating deck boards and was DREADING pulling the nails but after the first couple nails I had the hugest grin on my face because I new the job was going to so so quick and be so much easier than I figured. I had to stand up once to get a little more leverage on the tool but the rest came out like nothing and they were possibly the greatest nails every made 4" long, spiral shaft, galvanized they were like the day they were made when I removed them. I wish I owned this tool 25 years ago but then I suppose I would not appreciate it as much. I added a user photo. - Nail Pullers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Nail Puller - nail pullers nail pullers Nail Puller - nail pullers