Friday 28 August 2009

Mobil1 - full synthetic, lubricants


Have used many grades, especially the extended wear, in many cars older and brand new for many years now. All of them run much more smoothly than with natural oil and I can often go as long as 10-12 months between oil changes. This is wonderful for performance and gas mileage, and a real help for someone who changes their own oil. Saves a lot of money as well. Mobil 1 44978 Extended Performance 10W-30 Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6

It must be the best oil available at a lower price than that of Amsoil brand etc.

I started using 10W-30 last month. My car is an older one, I hope it does not cause any leaks/burns. So far no problems. It says 'guaranteed for 15K miles' but I think I will change the oil and filter half at that mileage since it is the car's first synthetic after 124K miles.



I agree, most autoparts stores sell these for $ 29.99 for 5 Qts of M1 EP and a fitting Mobil 1 E.P. oil filter.

Amazon needs to ask Exxon Mobil for lower prices. It is not competitive...

I have used Mobil 1 in my 2003 Chev Tahoe since the first oil change and was considering the additional expense for the "extended performance" Mobil 1 oil. I sell industrial machinery and met up with a Mobil Engineer at a paper mill. This engineer swears by the stuff and was emphatic that it will perform to 15,000 miles under highway conditions. I have been using it for the last two oil changes, but I only run it 8-10,000 miles because I change my oil twice a year regardless. The filter needs to be considered as much as the oil and as long as I am going to be under the truck changing the filter, I'm going to dump the oil and grease the chassis. I use $10 Mobil 1 oil filters and the Mobil 1 synthetic grease. I found this oil much less expensive at my local Blain's Farm And Fleet store. They have it for $6.96 per quart. - Full Synthetic - Lubricants'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mobil1 - full synthetic, lubricants full synthetic Mobil1 - full synthetic, lubricants