Friday 28 August 2009

Cordless Vacuum - hand vac, handheld vacuum


I call this One-Bad-Mamma-Jamma dustbuster! My wife calls it the Roach-Sucker. If you pull the hose out of the nozzle you can stretch it out and chase down even the most wiley roach. Just get the nozzle close the the little runner and he's toast. Oh, remember to empty it out before the roach starts decaying in the bin...

This is not a toy like every useless rechargeable dustbuster. It's a real shopvac, just smaller. It has enough suction to replace a low-end shop vac, but be warned, it is about as loud as a full size vac too.

The bare tool is a great way to get the vac at a reasonable price if you already have an 18v drill or whatever. You'll toss out the crappy little dust buster and never look back. Just be careful cleaning up really fine dusty messes, it is difficult to clean stuff like drywall dust out of the filter. Bare-Tool DEWALT DC515B 18-Volt Cordless 1/2 Gallon Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum (Tool Only, No Battery)

I'm a contractor and have two of these units. I also have at least two large vacs on site. We use these a lot. They work great on spills too. The filter not only cleans out easily by banging it on the garbage can, but you can wash it. It is a little loud, and rightfully so. It has a lot of suction for a little guy. I highly recommend it.

This is the perfect vacuum for the work I do. I'm an electrician, and am constantly making small messes --cutting holes in drywall etc. to run wires in remodels. This vacuum has a TON of power, is handy to carry, and lasts a long time on a single charge. HIGHLY recommended!

I've had the vacuum for a couple of weeks now. It does an under-average job sucking up dry dust, however, once you suck up some liquid - your filter will be toast and it will choke the vacuum. I washed the filter as per the manual and still no improvement. I called Dewalt and they told me to buy a new filter!...I've had it for two weeks and I need a new filter?! Out of curiousity, I ran it briefly without the filter and it had really good power...so my conclusion was that the filter was choking the vacuum. I hacked the filter apart and took out the accordian membrane. I hacked together a filter based on furnace air filter membranes and now it works great. I will, however, never use it as a wet vac. - Dewalt - Hand Vac - Handheld Vacuum - Portable Vacuum'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Vacuum - hand vac, handheld vacuum hand vac Cordless Vacuum - hand vac, handheld vacuum